Chapter 7

I check myself on my full-body mirror before turning to Olive, who's doing the finishing touches to her make up.

"How do I look?" I'm wearing black skinny jeans and a red lace crop top, topped off with black high-heel ankle boots. I've also straightened my hair and managed a smokey eye.

"Sexy," she winks at me and puts down the lipstick. She's opted for a short black skirt and a white V-neck top, her feet slipped in black boots. Her blonde hair is curled and gray eyes lined with black eyeliner.

"As do you," I nudge her.

"Guys!" Jordyn shouts from deep in my walk-in-closet.

"What?" we yell back, and she appears on the doorway, holding out two of my tops.

"Which color suits me better?" she holds the shirts one by one against her golden dark skin that's maybe a shade lighter than mine.

"The blue one," we say in unison and Jordyn puts the green one away.

"Blue it is," she slips the top over her head, her shoulder-length dark brown hair in pretty natural curls.

"We about ready?" I ask my friends, stuffing my phone, wallet, lipstick and keys to my small over-the-shoulder bag.

"Yup" Olive gives herself one last check and we step out of my room.

I stop behind Mads' door and yell, "We're leaving!"

I only get a "kay" as a response and roll my eyes before following my friends down the stairs.

The drive over to the Vasquez house takes twenty minutes and when we arrive, the street is already filled with cars. Not surprising, considering the party has been in full swing for a few hours, already.

"You guys go ahead, I'll find myself somewhere to park" I stop the car close to the door.

"You sure?" Jordyn asks, craning her neck trying to spot an empty space.

"Yeah, just go, I'll catch up."

"Okay, but hurry up!" Olive says as they get off. I nod and put my foot on the gas. Suddenly two drunken girls stumble to the road in front of me and I scream, hitting the brakes. The car comes to a stop only inches from them.

"Seriously? Look where you're going!" I yell at their retreating backs, not that they seem to have heard me. Shaking my head in irritation, I continue forward slowly, keeping my senses on high alert for more dumb people.

It takes me almost ten minutes to find a free spot a few streets over. As I start walking back where I came from, I wish I'd brought a jacket.

"Hey, hot stuff!" a male voice yells from behind me. I give a quick glance over my shoulder and notice a group of guys checking me out and whistling. I recognize none of them.

"Nice ass!"

"Hey, stop!"

I do no such thing, instead picking up my speed. I'm only two streets over, I can already hear the bass in the distance.

"C'mon, girl!" one of them yells. "You didn't doll up for yourself."

Really? How would you know? I grit my teeth together as more catcalls reach my ears. They're getting closer.

I'm almost given a heart attack when a familiar red Mercedes suddenly swerves around the corner to a stop right next to me, brakes squealing.

"Nora, hey!" Evan rolls down his window. "You good?" He eyes the group of guys suspiciously.