Chapter 32

TYLER

I wake up feeling awful. My mouth feels dry and the space behind my eyes throbs with pain. I open my eyes and find my eyes are also dry and stinging. What the hell happened? I blink repeatedly, trying to get some moisture back into my eyes and then look around.

I'm lying on Nora's bed, but she's nowhere to be seen. Memories of everything that happened last night come flooding back in. Fuck, my eyes widen at the realization I almost cried in front of her. I fucking fell apart like a pathetic little shit and she saw it all.

I throw the covers off, ignoring the familiar scent of lavender drifting around me, and sit up, planning on getting the hell out of here before I manage to make an even bigger fool of myself.

Nora decides that exact time to skip back into the room, wearing a matching set of red silk shorts and a camisole, her toned legs going on for miles. I momentarily forget what I was doing as I drink in the sight of her. Fuck she's sexy.

"Oh, you're awake," she stops in her tracks, seeming suddenly unsure of herself. After a moment's hesitation, she makes her way over to me and gives me two Aspirin and a glass of water, both which I'd missed she held in her hands because I was too distracted by her body. "I thought you might have a headache."

I take the pills and gulp them down with the water, drinking the glass empty. "Yeah, you guessed right. Thanks." Well this is awkward. What the hell am I supposed to do now?

"Your clothes are dry," she points toward a plumb chair on the other side of the room where my t-shirt and jean are neatly laid out.

"Great," I ignore the stab of pain in my skull as I stand up and make my way to get dressed. I can't believe she actually had to help me get my pants off last night. I must have been totally shit-faced. "What time is it?"

"Ten-thirty, give or take," she wrings her hands together like she doesn't know what to do with them. I notice her eyes are a little red. From sleeping only a few hours? I must have kept her awake almost the whole damn night.

"Why aren't you at school?" I can't help but frown. Nora never skips school. She must have a perfect attendance record.

"Oh," she seems surprised that's what I'm asking. "Well, I was really tired and didn't feel like going," she shrugs her shoulders casually, like it's no big deal.

I raise a brow at her suspiciously and she rolls her eyes. "It's fine, really. I told mom I threw up all night, something I ate yesterday. She doesn't know you're here," she explains. "And I also called your dad to tell him the same thing, so he called you in sick, as well. It's all taken care of."

I don't know what to say. I can't believe she did that for me. Now I feel even worse about ruining her goodnight sleep and pouring my troubles on her.

She opens her mouth like she wants to say something but then closes it again. She looks around a little hesitantly, then sits down on the edge of the bed.

The behavior is so unlike her that I can't help but arch a brow at her. "What?" I ask, patting my pockets for my phone. I'm sure I had it with me last night...

"It's on top of the drawer there," she points behind me and I look around and sure enough, my phone is right where she said.

I unlock the screen and groan at the million missed calls and texts from my dad, all asking where the hell I am. He must have been worried out of his mind last night when I didn't turn up at home before midnight and wasn't answering my phone.

"I hope you don't mind, but I texted him last night after I got you to bed," Nora gnaws at her lower lip, a nervous habit. "I didn't tell him you were drunk, or anything," she hurriedly adds, "I just told him you're okay and with me."