Chapter 35

Chapter 35

"Cloaked turnary beacons," Leia handed her niece two bracelets

"Cloaked turnary beacons," Leia handed her niece two bracelets. "They'll help light the way home when you return," She placed them in Padme's hands. "One for Rey, in case you need to come back," She said, smiling and referencing her niece's words just seconds ago.

Padme smiled. "I have to check in with Ekimi, I promised her I would talk with her before I left."

Leia smiled out of curiosity. "How did she know you were leaving?"

"She said it was a feeling," Padme said, smiling. Leia looked at her once more, and sent her on her way.

"Take care of Rey out there," Leia instructed.

"You haven't seen her fight," Padme laughed. "She might need to take care of me."

The two parted as Padme walked back to the med bay. Hopefully, Finn would be there, too. She couldn't leave without saying goodbye to him, even if he was unconscious.

She passed Poe on the way, but nearly missed him. "Hey, Red!"

She knew that nickname. It was really the only one she had. "Poe," she said, letting out a breath. She smiled and walked towards him.

He met her halfway with open arms, which she folded into. "Leaving so soon?"

"Yeah," She mumbled, melting a bit. He was a good shoulder to cry - er, snuggle into. "I just found a map to my father, don't want to miss that - oh my force," She pulled away just enough to see his face.

"What?"

"Rey doesn't know," Padme said blankly.

"Rey? The scavenger, right. What doesn't she know?"

"What doesn't she know," She scoffed, laughing a bit. "What she doesn't know is that Luke is my father," She explained.

"How does she not know?" He asked, surprised. It seemed hard to avoid for this long. "She didn't catch on when you said your name?"

"She didn't say hers, I didn't say mine, didn't think it was relevant," She explained.

"You should go then," He suggested. She smiled quickly before heading off a couple of steps.

She turned around. "Hey, have you seen Finn?" She asked.

He swallowed. "Yeah, east wing," He told her, before she nodded again and left to say goodbye.

Ekimi worked in the East Wing, but Padme found Finn first.

"Hey," She greeted the unconscious man and sat down in a chair near him. "I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can, I'm going to find my father. Artoo -" He didn't know who that was. "We found the missing piece of the map. We're bringing him home," She smiled.

He lay silent, unmoving, though it seemed to Padme he was smiling. "I'll be back if there are any problems. I'll come right back when you wake up, I promise you that."