96: Faye

It really took Faye everything she had not to flip out on Tyron. He was technically engaged to Lita, unless either one found their life mate, they were going to get married. She wanted to slap him for having kissed her. She'd never been teased before, but some how she didn't think it was supposed to hurt your heart. She'd had a hard time focusing on Tyron's discussion of why they were 'engaged' and about the abilities they might pass down to future generations.

"Hey," Tyron whispered softly, lifting his shoulder to get her attention. "I should have told you before."

Faye glared at him, wishing she'd just drown in the river when he'd saved her. She realized then, the only way to keep herself safe from being hurt emotionally, she was going to have to stay a fairy during the remainder.

"I just want to get to Luna's," she rolled her eyes, knowing he'd hear the animosity in her voice, but she didn't care. He should've been honest with her about his relationship with Lita.

The three of them walked mostly in silence the rest of the way to Luna's palace with the exception of Maverick mumbling how he hated having to babysit.

Once they had arrived at the palace and were escorted inside, Maverick headed out of the grand foyer, an immaculate room filled with flowers as far as the eye could see.

"Please don't be upset with me Faye, I really..."

"My wonderful little fairy! How are you?" Luna exclaimed, drifting into the room and scooping Faye off of Tyron's shoulder, stalling his little speech.

"I've missed you," Faye faked a smile, knowing Luna would see right through it, but given she couldn't use her powers she wasn't worried about Luna digging around in her mind.

"Hmmm, I sense my little fairy is upset...Thorn, what did you to her?" she eyeballed the young elf whose eyes were glued to the floor.

"He hasn't done anything Luna, but why did Artie send us here?" she brought the attention back to herself, wanting to leave her feelings out of the equation. "Has he found a way to get me back home?"

The expression on Luna's face was slightly twisted, "I haven't seen my husband, but if he's in Siofra because of this ban of powers, I'm sure he'll be home soon."

Faye plopped down in defeat in Luna's hand. She wanted to cry, she was so tired of being tossed around like a rag doll, thrown through the air like a baseball, and hunted like a deer. She wanted to go home and forget all about this horrific nightmare in which she'd received her first kiss and her first heartbreak.

"Oh my dear child, let's get you something to eat, it'll perk up that beautiful smile of yours...she does have a gorgeous smile doesn't she Tyron?" Luna winked in his direction, but he appeared to be some where else.

Luna led them through her immaculate palace, pointing out different rooms and what they were used for, attempting to lighten the mood but to no avail.

"This is silly, you two should be happy to be here. Safe and sound from the rest of the world out there. You two can work on that relationship you have budding," she wiggled her brows at Tyron in suggestion, but Faye spoke up.

"Quit Luna, he's marrying Lita and that's that. He's got some special freaking power in his blood, so does she so it's a match made. Plus, I'm a human fairy, so it's just not going to happen."