47: Tyron

So they didn't have life mates on earth. That was an odd thought for Tyron to try to process – not to mention the story of Faye's sister, sleeping with another man after her husband had proposed...that was just disturbing. Why would someone want to do something like that, especially when they were going to marry the one that they loved above all else. Tyron liked women, lots of women, but he knew the moment he found his life mate, he wouldn't be looking for another anymore.

That was another thing that happened when the two souls met – neither of them wanted or needed to be with anyone else, their bodies and minds simply wouldn't allow it. So, 'cheating' wasn't a concern.

Tyron stared down at her thoughtfully, "An elf and a human could never be a mated pair, Faye. Like you said, humans don't have life...or, erm...soul mates, as you called them. Plus," He rubbed nervously at the back of his neck, "You're a fairy right now, so I wouldn't recognise you even if you were..."

Which she wasn't. Faye couldn't be his life mate, it was physically impossible. What he was feeling for her was nothing, just a strange fascination, not the start of a timeless bond.

Needing to change the atmosphere around them, Ty laughed, "Lucky for you though, right? You don't have to be stuck with an arrogant, big-headed elf for the rest of your life. Feel sorry for the poor woman that does. I'm not going to be an easy guy to be paired with."

It was somewhat sad to hear that humans didn't have the same love bonds that the elves did; they were similar in so many ways but that. But it wasn't the rest of the human race he felt sad for – it was Faye. Beneath her annoying and moaning exterior, he knew that she was a lonely soul and she deserved to find someone made just for her, someone that was always going to be loyal and love her as deeply as was physically possible.

Not be with a human man that was going to sleep with another woman just to prove he was still attractive.

When she looked away from him, Ty felt his stomach twist.

"Hey," He pushed his finger tip beneath her chin, forcing her back up to look at him. "Don't look so disappointed. You deserve someone a hell of a lot better than me – remember you said I was just like those men back in your world? How did you say it..." Ty drifted off in thought. "Evil, right? That I...reminded you of them to a T?" A grin shaped his lips, trying whatever it would take to cheer her up. "Why would you want that?"

A weak smile tugged at the right corner of her lips and he couldn't help but mirror it.

It really was too bad that Faye wasn't an elf; who knew what fun they could have had together if she had been. One thing he knew for sure, that if she had been an elf, she most definitely would have been kissed by now. A lot.

"Tell me," Ty asked, "Is your sister erm...still married to her husband? Since you don't have life mates, surely there isn't anything to keep them together. Do they have children? Does he know that she slept with another man?" Just from hearing the small story, Tyron could guess that the sisters were nothing alike. Surely Faye would never walk into a bar and walk out with a strange man, especially just to prove a point. "I think I'd like to know something like that if I were him."