171: Tyron

Tyron captured her hand in his own before pressing his lips to her knuckles. His mind was still spinning at a hundred miles an hour, trying to get around the fact that he'd someday be a father - to a half human, half elf hybrid at that. His relationship with Faye went from zero to a million in a blink of an eye; up until now, he'd never truly let himself believe that she was his lifemate, after all, how could she be? Every book ever written had called it impossible.

He locked onto her blue eyes; turns out, not so impossible. Faye was his; as far as the universe was concerned there was no one else for him.

"I don't want Lita," He dropped their hands. "I suppose you heard what my mother said to me?"

Faye nodded. "She doesn't want you to be with me."

"It's not that," His fingers entwined with hers. "She worries about me, that's all. She thinks that you have trouble written all over you...not to mention, she thinks you can't give her Eliai'marara."

When she looked up at him with a puzzled frown, Ty went on. "Oh, erm...grandchildren."

Realisation dawned and Faye laughed. "Oh! She wants grandkids that much?"

Ty stepped toward her, head bowing down to press a kiss to the corner of her mouth. "Mmmm. My Malanai loves marara's - she's been pressing the subject since I came of age. I'm sure that's why she tries to push Lita at me." His lips met her jawline. "Wait until she finds out the truth." He continued to journey downwards, his mouth dipping to her neck. "That we can make a baby. Or at least, have fun trying."

He felt her breath hitch and her pulse in her neck accelerate. She reacted to his every movement, a small sigh here and a whispered moan there; her hands were on his body, searching as thoroughly as his were searching her. Faye all but stopped breathing when his arms wrapped around her waist and hoisted her up, lifting her off the ground.

When he turned them around and headed for his bedroom, Faye wiggled against him. "Ty, I can't...I'm not..."

He smirked at her. "It's been a long day, Katinar, we need to go to bed. To sleep."

Faye visibly relaxed.

"You're safe," he set her down on the bed. "For now."

*****

Under a canopy of leaves, dark skies and stars, Lita stared into the cold eyes of the ruthless Eva. There was an intimidating aura about her, something that frightened her - but her stone hard resolve was too strong to waver now. She needed to do this, for both Tyron and herself.

"Why am I here?" Eva snapped, her arms folded tightly across her chest. "I have better things to do than stand here. Don't you know how busy I-"

"I know there is a human among us."

Eva's expression never changed, it remained calm and collected as she patiently waited for Lita to continue.

Rubbing nervously at her arms, Lita went on. "She's here, in Amethyst Falls. Her name is Faye and she's...she's using some kind of human magic to trick one of our own, forcing him in to some kind of trance. I think she means to harm him."

Eva dropped her arms to her sides. "Who is this male you speak of?"

"Tyron Thorn."