104: Faye

Faye sat on the table completely quiet during the entire ordeal, feeling worse and worse about the situation. She was highly flattered when Tyron had said he'd dreamt of her because she'd been dreaming of him too. Dreams that didn't make sense, her in own body walking alongside the purple river, holding hands with Tyron in peace. But the rejection she was feeling was harsh and cut deep. She'd said some nasty things to Tyron, but it wasn't entirely her fault. Luna had explained before she felt what he felt, sometimes skewed she assume because when Faye was mad, Tyron was hurt and visa versa.

The harshest words were of Tyron demanding they send her home, away from him. Sure, she'd said nearly those exact same words before, but they weren't a possibility until now and she didn't want to leave. She wanted to figure out why he didn't want to contemplate the idea of being her lover. She could be sweet when she wanted...hell, in her human form she was too shy to act outlandishly.

Folding her legs into her chest and wrapping her arms around them, Faye dropped her head into the small opening. She wasn't sure if she wanted to cry or scream or say a word. This was Tyron's decision, not hers. He was supposed to link with her, not the other way around.

"Faye, my child, what's wrong?" Luna knelt down next to Faye and whispered quietly against her small body, her breath sending chills across her arms and legs.

"Great," Tyron mumbled, "I've done it again."

And he had, he'd hurt her. She'd never been desired before and when Tyron and her were kissing, she felt the passion it was to be cared for, yearned for. But, upon hearing it was more than just a crush, he wanted to deny all thoughts of it and the whole thing burned her inside and out.

Looking back up, tears welling in her eyes, she spoke quietly, "Yes, you have, but I've hurt you too."

Tyron looked down at Faye from across the room, his expression sad. Luna gently picked Faye up and placed her in the palm of her to examine her closer.

"Sweetheart, it's hard to wrap your head around. It was strange when Artemis and I first figured out who the two of you were. Well, we had more of a hunch than anything else, the trick was getting you two together,"

Luna looked up from Faye and over at Tyron, her eyes calm as she continued.

"The attraction you two have for one another has been strong from the beginning. You can't deny this Tyron, it will continue to get stronger until it's all you know. It will consume you."

Luna's words nearly scared Faye. She didn't want to think of Tyron and only him, she wanted to have a life outside of love. She wanted to have a job and friends...if she could learn to open up and make some. And then the thought of children, well that wasn't something she ever thought about...at all. So to be told they'd mate eventually really freaked her out. She was a virgin, having a babies was the last thing in her mind.

"Look, Artemis, maybe you've got it wrong," Faye began until the old coot whipped across the room towards her, speaking in tongues she didn't understand. "You two are the ones, there is no going back Faye, I'm sorry."

Faye's eyes opened wide and she stood from her seat in Luna's hand, "You mean...I don't ever get to go back home? Ever? I'm stuck here? Without family? Having to hide and be a fairy forever?"

"Well, I suppose that's all up to the two of you," he smirked, "It's your destiny to be together and great things will come to our lands. But if the two of you are going to fight this, it might take much longer than time will allow."