152: Faye

Eva and her gang rushed into Fin Falls weapons ablaze, prepared for war but what they found was even more disturbing. Someone had awoken the spirits who normally lay dormant within their temple walls. Unfortunately, none of Eva's crew could whisper to the dead so their frantic plea's fell upon deaf ears.

"Search the entire temple thoroughly. She was here! The King sensed her presence and when she is found, bring her to me," Eva demanded as she ignored one of the female spirits, the same one who'd befriend Tyron and then tried to stop the attack on Faye.

Eva gazed at her for a moment until turning on her heel and heading off in the direction of the conservatory. Eva Longhorn was a brave soldier, loyal to her King, however because she wasn't a holder she was just as dispensable as some shopkeeper selling goods in the market. She'd proven herself and her loyalty time and time again by doing the King's dirty work, but by finding the woman wreaking havoc on the King's vision as well as causing the universe to implode upon itself, Eva was sure she'd never have to fear the wrath of an unraveling King.

As she wandered closer to conservatory, the same female ghost from before appeared in front of her, directing her into a room nearby. Nodding in thanks, Eva walked into one of the many sitting rooms of the temple before the door shut with a loud slam and appeared to seal itself into the wall. Charging towards the door, Eva found she was unable to make it budge even with her advanced essence. This spirit was helping the blonde, but why?

Screaming and calling out to her crew, she began digging at the wall with her knife, but each slash and dig were quickly covered with a thick moss and before she knew it, the entire door and wall were covered in an impenetrable gloss. Throwing her head back in a fit of mad laughter, Eva called out to the spirit, "You're dead! Your essence will only last for a short while and then I'll find her. Rest assured, I'll find her and I'll kill her."

*****

Breakfast with Maya Thorn had been one of the more unpleasant experiences Faye had to endure since she'd landed in Siofra. Tyron's mother had a sharp tongue and she used it in sly ways to stab at the human race. Being related to Maya in the future may be just enough torture for Faye to turn herself in.

"Faye, you haven't touched your breakfast. It's supposed to be just like...a meal of oats...from what I understand. Don't you like it?" Moira noted as she finished her second bowl of the grey colored mush Maya had served for breakfast. Although it was sweet, the color had Faye's stomach turning.

"Oatmeal," Faye corrected, "and I'm not a fan nor am I very hungry," she lied. She was starving, but it was difficult to enjoy food with a fuming elven mother glaring you down. If only Faye could show her she meant no harm to anyone, especially her or her son, maybe she'd quit trying to burn holes into her head. Lifting her hand, she brushed her fingers across her forehead to ensure she wasn't truly on fire.

"Well, what is the plan now?" Maya asked as she began clearing the table. "How do you get the human home?"

"Malanai, her name is Faye. Ease up," he warned in a warm tone. "I'm not really sure. We were meant to stay at Fin Falls to keep Faye safe, but...I suppose we need to contact Artie or Luna."

Maya dropped the bowl she'd had in her hands, the sound of glass shattered across the hardwood floor, "You will not go to them!" Her voice was stern and her eyes wide. "They put you in danger, all three of you! There has to be another way."

Moira and Tyron were quick to their feet to assist Maya in cleaning up the mess on the floor as Faye stood and wandered towards the still sealed front door. Running her hands along the frame, she tried to figure out how Maya's essence worked. How was it she was able to seal the door completely shut?

"I know of no other Elder who has the power to bring a human here let alone send one home," Tyron stood and wiped his hands on his pants as his gaze landed on Faye who was examining the door thoroughly.

Maya huffed as she and Moira threw away pieces of the glass bowl before they, too, were watching Faye.

"What are you doing marara," Maya spoke up, her brows drawn together in thought. "I've sealed the door, we're safe."

"Yes, but how?" Faye asked as she turned toward Maya, confusion crossing her features.

"My essence," Maya exclaimed in an exasperated tone as if this is something she should understand by now.

Rolling her eyes, Faye folded her arms across her chest and glared at Maya, "Yeah, I got that, but...how does mine work exactly? I can't seal doors, but I can sense when people are near and last night, when I touched Tyron's forehead with mine, I heard his thoughts. How do I control that?"

Maya gasped and her fingers clutched at her heart as her now wide eyes gazed at Tyron, "She...she heard your thoughts?"