Being Gay is a Sin [2/2]

⚠️ homophobia

I gulp as I open the front door of my house. I nervously walk in and shut the door behind me. I hear a pair of barkings getting louder and I look down to see two fluff balls runnings towards me in joy. I smile softly and pet both of their tiny heads.

"Darryl, sweetie?" My mothers voice rings throughout the house.

I frown and start making my way towards the living room. There my mom and my dad are sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hi." I say, no emotion in my voice.

My dad looks at me with a raised eyebrow, "You okay there kiddo?"

I deeply dislike you-

"Everything is fine. Can I hang out with a friend after school? We need to work on a project." I half lie.

They both look at each other. Then my mom looks at me, "Only if this friend of yours is a she." My insides start to boil.

"Yes. This friend of mine is a she. I met them today." I say. Not moving from where I was and not showing any hatred.

"Alright. But only for 2 hours. You may leave at 6 and come back exactly at 8." My dad crosses his arms, glaring at me, eyeing me down to find out if I'm hiding anything.

I nod and walk away, heading up towards my room with two fluff balls following me.

I reach my door and throw my bag onto the ground.

I feel a few tears slide down my cheeks as I bite my bottom lip. Both fluff balls walk in front of me and whine, wondering why I was crying. I gently sob as I close the door behind me and lock it. I walk towards my bed and sit down on the ground, back against the edge of the bed.

I curl myself up into a ball and let it all out quietly. The pain building up is slowly getting worse.

I can't be happy.

I shouldn't even be gay.

But yet here I am.

Both of my rats dig their small heads into my sides. I sniff and look up, wiping away my tears as I cross my legs. They both curl up onto my lap and I gently scratch their heads.

If only they could accept me.

If only they could understand this is the only way I can be happy.

I felt a buzz in my pockets and I reach to grab the rectangular object. The screen flashes and a new message appears. An unknown number.

-
?: yooooo hihihiji itz me zak
3:15pm
-

I giggle, his spelling is something.

-
Me: Hi :)
3:16pm
-

I save his contact. I fake his name. Hide his real name from my parents. They look through my phone once a week. Thankfully today isn't the day.

-
Zelena: soooo did u asj ur parnwbts
3:16pm

Me: >.> What is that spelling? And yes, they said I can hang out at 6. But for only 2 hours.
3:17pm

Zelena: 2 hrs!?!? ur prents r mean
3:17pm

Me: I guess.
3:18pm

Zelena: well wut am u supiosed 2 do 4 3 hrs!?? i already finaiehd all my work diting school
3:18pm

Me: Well you are a lucky potato. I still have an essay to do.
3:18pm