In A Heartbeat

i first watched this about a year ago. it stumbled onto my recommendations and it made me smile again :)
im going to change it up a bit tho for this oneshot
———

No One's POV

Love.

Something most of you will never experience.

Lmao losers. JKJKJK IT JOKE DONT KILL ME

Zak and Darryl have never interacted before. They are both juniors im high school and have some classes together. With that being said. Darryl is falling for Zak. What he does is sit in the back of the class and watch Zak. He admires his looks and loves his giggles.

Zak's popular though. He is known as the team captain on his baseball team and is highly skilled. His teammates love having him around and Zak returns the favor. He loves his friends.

Zak sometimes notices Darryl. They were rare occasions and Darryl's heart died.

But one day, when Zak was making his way towards the baseball fields for his practice, Darryl decided to sit besides a tree and watch from a far. He has a book in hand, pretending to read, but in reality he's watching his crush.

He didn't think about it much. That is, until he felt his heart flip. He doesn't think about it but just continues to watch Zak walk through the schools grass with his glove in hand and baseball in the other, letting it bounce as he hums alone to a tune.

Darryl decides to move. He gets up from his spot and closes his backpack. Then he feels something on his chest. He looks down to see his heart moving. His eyes widen. "Oh my goodness... what's happening...?" He whispers.

He drops his book as his heart is beating out of his chest. He hisses quietly as he uses his hands to press his heart back into place. The heart stops moving. "Oh thank goodness..."

He smiles and slowly removes his hands.

Then out of nowhere, his heart pops out of his chest. It doesn't leave a hole. It just floats out. The heart wasn't a human heart. It was just a cartoon looking heart with warm eyes and it turns to face Darryl.

It doesn't speak and smiles at Darryl. Then it turns around and notices Zak. The heart glees in joy and points to Zak. "What!? No!" Darryl whispers to the heart. It rolls its eyes and flies away. Darryl gasps and starts chasing the heart.

"Stop!" He quietly shouts, not wanting to cause attention from anyone who is on the fields ahead of them.

He grabs the heart right when they pass the corner of the school. But, he only grabs the hand. The heart suddenly has a burst of strength and it guides Darryl to Zak.

Zak is still walking. He has his baseball still in hand and he is close to reaching the fields. There are his teammates stretching and waiting for Zak. His coach still hasn't arrived yet.

Darryl's hand slips and he loses contact with his heart. The heart glimmers and dashes to Zak. Darryl's stomach flips. His mind starts to race as he runs towards the heart.

The floating pink blob reaches Zak and watches the ball go up and down. When the ball is in the air and Zak isn't looking, the heart knocks the ball back, towards Darryl and lands on the ground. The heart takes the place of the ball and smiles when it feels itself being thrown in the air by Zak.

Darryl bites his bottom lip and he uses his last stamina to finally reach Zak. Zak doesn't notice what was going on and suddenly he feels something grab his hand where the ball was. "What the.." He turns around and sees Darryl standing there.

Darryl blushes and quickly slides his hand out. He awkwardly giggles and his eyes trail to see the heart in the Zak's glove. His eyes widen and suddenly he reaches out to grab the heart, going in front of Zak.