Deadly Touch

@/ilovepancakesforeve: "I have an idea! -Zak is dead, but he made a deal to be able to see Darryl again

@/ilovepancakesforeve: "I have an idea! -Zak is dead, but he made a deal to be able to see Darryl again. They spent the day together, but if they touch, Zak is forbidden to see Darryl again. Zak slowly starts throwing away his soul just to see Darryl, and you can continue from there"
——-

No One's POV

Zak glides through the air, his white wings glistening under the moonlight as he adventures through the clouds to find a specific location. After passing away due to someone killing him from a gun when he was walking home, he couldn't bear to live in the clouds anymore. It was nice, but he missed being at home with his loved one.

Rumors spread through the cloud city of a man who can bring back dead people to the overworld with a price. It wasn't cash as the price though, you had to sacrifice something.

Zak finds the small cottage in the clouds, landing down onto the fluffy clouds and he tucks his wings inside.

He knew he shouldn't be here, but it needs to be done. He walks up to the door and knocks. After the third knock, the door opens up on its own and allows Zak to look inside. There, in the middle of the room, an old man sat in a chair behind a desk, reading a book. Different potions and spells were decorated on the shelves behind. Chests and chests were filled with different ingredients.

The old man doesn't look away from his book. "Zak. I've been expecting you."

The smaller boy's eyes widen. He gulps and nods. "Then you must know why I'm here..."

The old man sighs. He closes his book and leaves it on the table as he stands up and looks up at Zak. Zak carefully walks inside, stopping after a few steps. The door closes shut behind him, making Zak flinch and jump.

"Yes. You want to go back to the overworld, don't you?" Zak sucks in a breath, nodding as the old man just stares. "You want to go back to your loved one." Zak's heart jumps.

"I heard it's possible." Zak crosses his arms.

"I can make it happen, but it comes with a price." The old man turns around and starts to look through his shelves of potions.

Zak nods, "I know. How do I pay you?"

The old man laughs, finally grabbing a potion filled with red liquid glittering under the light. The old man turns around and slowly walks up to Zak, who is slowly starting to become nervous. "Oh no, you don't play me." The old man grins, "You need to pay to the spell."

Zak raises an eyebrow. "W-What does that mean?"

The old man smirks, shaking the potion slightly and he hands the bottle to Zak, who grabs it and stares. "You can't enter the overworld with ease. Every spell here comes with a sacrifice you must make. Instead of paying me, you pay the spell with what you have."