six

the sound of the bell ringing took both songhee and jisung by surprise, the two jumping from their resting positions

"ah shit, we're gonna be late!" songhee panicked and checked her timetable. she looked at jisung with a worried expression. "it's maths next, noooo mr kwon is so mean."

"come on let's hurry," jisung took songhee by the arm and the two began speed walking back to class - which was at least five minutes away from the bench they had just napped at.

jisung jumped the steps three at a time while songhee did her best to keep up, skipping every second step.

"jisung-" she wheezed, out of breath on the second flight of stairs. "wait up."

jisung, who took his long legs for granted, had never known the pain of trying to catch up with someone up the stairs. he stood and waited awkwardly as songhee slowed down to catch her breath.

with her hands pressed on both knees, songhee made it up the second flight.

"dammit jisung, your legs are too long," she breathed heavily, leaning on a wall and breathing deeply

"oh uh, sorry..?" jisung's voice quavered awkwardly.

songhee dismissed him with a wave of her hand. "it's fine. just walk with me up this last flight, okay?"

the two climbed the third flight slowly and without rush.

songhee sighed loudly. "i really don't wanna go to maths."

"neither," jisung sighed, equally as loud.

songhee and jisung's eyes slowly met and it seemed as though they were thinking the same idea. jisung spoke first to confirm if she was thinking what he was thinking.

"i've never skipped class before."

"neither have i," songhee added. she smiled slightly. "do you want to?"

jisung shrugged. "where would we go, though?"

"well we could always hide in the bathroom on our phones."

jisung raised an eyebrow and gestured to songhee, then at himself.

"oh right, i forgot you were a guy," songhee laughed. "whoops, my bad."

jisung chuckled. "let's just go to class then, even though we're already late by like ten minutes."

"we're always moderately good students in the end," songhee sighed, dismissing the exciting thought of skipping class.

songhee and jisung snuck in as silent as they could, bracing for a scolding from mr kwon. thankfully, his back was turned and he was writing on the board. however, songhee and jisung's sudden presence did not go unnoticed.

"teacher!" a hand shot up.

"what is it, lee donghyuck?" mr kwon turned around just as songhee scrambled to pull jisung into his seat. luckily he didn't notice.