epilogue

the graduation

the senior cohort was bubbling with happiness as they scattered out onto field outside the classroom building

the senior cohort was bubbling with happiness as they scattered out onto field outside the classroom building. their graduation ceremony had drawn to a close and now everyone was taking pictures with their certificates and flowers, mingling with family and friends.

jisung and songhee's families formed a small group. kihwan slapped each newly graduated teen on the back.

"you've made it." he grinned. 

"yeah, more than ten years of my life gone just like that," jisung's mind wandered.

"hey it was kind of worth it, ya know, getting an education and all," songhee laughed, nudging him in the side softly.

"this past year has been worth it, since i spent the time with you," jisung flirted boldly, causing jeno to fake retch in the background and their dads to burst out in proud laughter.

"damn you really just said that in front of our dads," songhee wheezed.

"yah jisung and heehee stop flirting and i'll take your picture hurry upppp," jeno said, jokingly impatient.

"okay okay," songhee said quickly. she clutched jisung's arm, slightly possessively with a smile on her face.

"kiss for the camera!" jeno grinned.

"alright then," songhee shrugged, and looked at jisung, who nodded slightly.

they drew into a sweet kiss, and jeno screamed because he didn't want to admit how cute they were. yoonsung and kihwan both discretely snapped a photo of the two and then set it as their phone wallpaper.

usually, songhee would have really minded kissing in public, especially in front of parents, but at that moment nothing mattered.

to jisung as well, nothing mattered, except that they would be looking forward to their next journey, the next chapter of their life that they'd spend together.

"don't you think you've smooched for long enough already?" jeno tapped his non-existent watch as the two broke apart, stupid grins on their faces. "you're kissing like you're about to never see each other again."

"oh really?" jisung chuckled, still looking into songhee's eyes.

"see you, jisung," songhee laughed as people began to disperse and head home."

"see you at uni!" 

the end

guyssss 😭😭😭 we made it to the end!

unfortunately, i've changed my mind about writing a sequel as i think the story has progressed and ended on quite a nice note.

thank you thank you thank you so much for coming with me on this rollercoaster of a story, i really enjoyed writing every bit of it. it seems pretty fitting that it hit 1k reads just as i was writing this epilogue 💖💞

signing out of skinny love,

- gao an