twenty one

it was now two weeks later, and the last two questions of the final round between group one, five and eight

"how many avengers movies have there been?" mr kwon read the question.

donghyuck slapped the bell before anyone else even comprehended the question. "four!"

"correct."

songhee, jisung and donghyuck were now on six points. chenle's team - team eight - were on seven, and the other team was also on six.

there was one more question left.

"name the three types of tectonic-"

jisung 'ding'ed his bell repetitively. "convergent, divergent and transform!"

"wow, another point to team one, which means," mr kwon grinned. "we need a tiebreaker. whichever team gets this question right wins, but if you get it wrong, the point is awarded to the opposing team."

"ooooh," the class, who were now betting on who would win, sat up in interest. 

team five made their way back to their seats after their narrow loss, leaving songhee's and chenle's group going head to head.

"obviously zhong chenle is gonna win. him, na jaemin and yang jinki are like the smartest guys in the class," someone whispered, not very quietly.

"i don't know, team one is pretty impressive..."

"now for the tiebreaker," mr kwon stopped all conversations. songhee held her breath.

"what is the meaning of the slang expression: 'skinny love'?"

you could almost hear crickets chirp. no one moved. no one was sure of the answer. 

tentatively, jisung hovered his hand over the bell.

"are you sure?" songhee whispered. 

"i think... it's worth a try," jisung replied quietly, and songhee nodded, encouraging him to go on.

jisung tapped the bell, and all eyes were on him.

"well, i think i heard it in a song or something, i don't know," jisung began nervously. "but the meaning is something along the lines of 'when two people are in love with each other but are too shy to admit it.'"

mr kwon nodded slowly and hesitantly.

"'-although they still show it'," jisung added hastily. 

"correct!" 

the class cheered for team one and chenle sighed in disappointment.

songhee and jisung were lost in their own world for a moment.

'when two people are in love with each other but are too shy to admit it, although they still show it'... songhee repeated to herself as she searched jisung's eyes. that sounds like...