sixteen

"oh also!" miss kim tried to stop the students from racing out of their seats for lunch break as the bell went off

"oh also!" miss kim tried to stop the students from racing out of their seats for lunch break as the bell went off. the students reluctantly sat back down. "i've finished marking all of your macbeth performances! check this sheet for your marks."

miss kim set the paper down on the teacher's desk and left before getting trampled by the mass of the class that rushed to check how they did. 

"what's this?" na jaemin shrieked, then gave a congratulatory smile. he pointed to songhee and jisung who were still making their way down the front. "lee songhee's group got full marks!" 

"what?"

"no way!"

donghyuck looked up from where he had been sleeping on the desk. "ugh, what's with all this noise..."

"lee donghyuck we got full marks!" songhee jumped up and down after she saw the mark herself. jisung tried to calm her down but he was super happy as well.

"what, it's april fools today isn't it? you're joking," donghyuck breathed with an incredulous tone. 

"no, it's real," chenle said, finding his group's mark at sighing when they were right behind songhee's. they lost by one mark.

"it's okay, chenle," jaemin put a hand on his shoulder. "the top student gotta come in second at least once," he grinned comfortingly. chenle shrugged it off and congratulated the three top-mark achievers.

"you guys deserved it, you were really great," chenle held out a hand to shake, which songhee, donghyuck then jisung took, except jisung stuck out scissor fingers instead.

"hehe," jisung grinned and chenle laughed back at his humorous and childish action.

"i admit, i underestimated you guys, sorry," chenle said truthfully.

"of course you did, you're the smartest kid in our class, it's only natural," songhee reassured him, and they parted ways.

"yooo we gotta celebrate or something!" songhee turned to walk backwards so she could look at jisung and donghyuck on the way to the cafeteria. 

"how?" jisung asked.

"i don't know, maybe go out for lunch or something on the weekend? the three of us..."

"i'm cool with that," jisung nodded and he looked at donghyuck. "you?"

donghyuck didn't speak. songhee furrowed her brows.

"something wrong, hyuck?" songhee stopped. and so did donghyuck.

"oh, nothing," he gulped. "i don't know it's just, i don't feel like i deserve this hundred percent. i didn't even help you guys and i feel bad about it now."

"we can forgive you for that, but you performed really well with us and you cooperated in the end, we gotta give props to that. you did so well even though you weren't even there most of the time."