seven

"dismissed," mr kwon rumbled before he scooped up his teaching supplies in one arm and left the classroom

"ahh..." songhee stood up to stretch. "i thought the day would never end."

sounds of scraping chairs and rummaging bags indicated that everyone was in quite a hurry to go home.

jisung stood up to stretch as well, then dropped his hands to his sides in defeat. "we still have detention, though."

songhee nodded gloomily.

songhee and jisung found their way to mr kwon's office with no hurry. the door was open. the teachers' office was empty, except for mr kwon, who sat, massaging his scalp.

songhee knocked on the wall to get his attention. mr kwon looked up and sighed.

"oh, it's you two. remind me of your names again?"

"park jisung and lee songhee," jisung answered for themselves.

mr kwon made a mental note of their names and faces and nodded. 

jisung and songhee stood tensely, wondering what they'd have to do, to serve out their time in detention.

"i'll put you two on library duty," mr kwon nodded at them. "report to me when you're done. park jisung at-" he checked his watch, "five-fifteen. lee songhee at five-forty-five."

"yes sir," songhee and jisung responded at the same time, bowed and left.

"so uh, not the most ideal reason for your first visit to the school library," jisung laughed bitterly as the two walked through the library's sliding doors. the library was on the ground floor of the classrooms building. 

songhee pulled out her phone. "we should let our parents know that we'll be home late."

jisung shrugged. "my mum probably won't mind, she's too busy to notice what time i usually come back from school anyway."

"suit yourself," songhee said, sending a text to jeno and her dad. 

"so is your brother going to pick you up at five-forty-five?" jisung asked.

songhee scrunched her nose at jeno's response

jeNONO
lmao walk urself home fatass
its literally like a 15 min walk
u know the way now :))

jisung peeked over her shoulder to check her test as well. "what a nice brother," he laughed.

at this point a very elderly lady approached them. her name tag read 'kim sooin - head librarian'.

"can i help you two?" she said weakly, but sweetly.

"oh, yes-" songhee said, putting away her phone and straightening up her slouch, but then looked at little embarrased. "we're here for detention..."