✰Chapter 17 ✰

Nobody's pov

The students headed into the dining hall to eat their dinner and sort the first years into their houses. As first years got their houses everyone clapped and they were finally able to dig in.

The hall was filled with children's laughter and kids talking about how their summers were. Lots of talking about the quidditch matches everyone attended, how their Father's Day was, talking about their kids upcoming birthdays, and most importantly the baby program starting back up.

Last year Dumbledore had announced that they would be stopping the program for now but if they could go a year without any complications than the program would start back up. Luckily last year there were no kidnappings only a couple scraped knees and bumps along the way.

"Excuse me students. Welcome back for a new school year this ones going to be a great one. We are starting up the baby project again and we are very excited. I would also love to introduce you to your new perfects this year. Please give a round of applause to Hermione Granger and Harry Potter" Dumbledore says.

Dracos pov

After dinner we were able to take our children back to our rooms while the fifth years went to go have there DNA taken. "Daddy." "Yes sweetie" I say. "What house do you think I would be in when I get sorted? Would I get sorted into the snakes like you" she says. I stifle a laugh "Well you are incredibly smart, and brave, and kind to everyone. Also your very popular so I think you'd be a Gryffindor" I say.

I quickly put her in a bath and dress her in her jammies. I lay her in the little bed that they had added to my room. "Daddy will you read me a bed time story" she asks. "Of course how about tonight we read the little wizard that could." She nods her head and gets settled in her bed. By the time I was halfway done she was out cold. "Goodnight my sweet angel" I say giving her a kiss on her head.

I quickly take my shower and put on my pajama pants. I check on her one more time before I climb into my cold sheets and knock out.

Morning

I woke up to Andromeda jumping on my bed "Wake up daddy I'm hungry" she says. "Ok ok I'm up" I say laughing. I get up and catch Andromeda who has jumped off the bed into my arms.

"Ok let's get you dressed" I say. I dress her in denim overall dress with a green long sleeve underneath with green flats to match. Thanks to my mother I could dress her somewhat stylish. I quickly slip into the bathroom to change into my robes and gel my hair back. I open the door "Ok Andromeda come here sweetie so I can brush your hair" I say.

I sit her on the counter so she can put her feet in the sink and begin brushing her hair. I didn't know how to style it or anything mother always took care of that for me. She braided it in to two, sometimes she would have two braids then put it into one ponytail, she would curl it, and put it up to keep it out of her face.

I lift her off the counter and put on my shoes. "Ok now you have oinkers do you need anything else" I say before we head down for breakfast. She shakes her head no and we're off to the dining hall.

"Ok sweetie I'll be back in a couple of hours if you need anything or just miss me tell one of the ladies and she will call me and I will be here in no time. Ok I have to go now I love you" I say. "I love you too daddy" she says. The lady takes her hand and leads her into the play room. I watch her turn a corner to where I can't see her anymore.

I walk over to the playroom nurse "Excuse me miss my daughter is Andromeda Malfoy and she has asthma. This is her inhaler. If she seems short of breath give her two puffs of this and call me immediately please" I say. "Yes sir will do" she says.

"Excuse me sir" I hear as I turn around I see the lady that took Andromeda back holding oinkers. "What did you do" I say. "You ripped oinkers out of her defenseless little hands." "It's ok Andromeda daddy's coming" I say pushing pass the women. "No sir" she says grabbing my arms "She wanted you to take him." "Oh well thank you" I say looking at the pig.

Oh god I didn't think it was going to be this hard. The longest I've ever been away from her was two hours twenty five minutes and fifty-three seconds. She was my baby and she needed me.

I put oinkers in my book bag and reluctantly head to potions. I soon arrive to my first class and I'm greeted by Theo and Goyle. "Hey how was dropping her off? Balthasar was kind of being a pain to the ladies" Goyle says. I laugh "Ya Andromeda did perfect as per usual" I say gloating.

I go from class to class counting down the hours until I get to see Andromeda. I was in herbology when a women came in and whispered something into Professor Pomona Sprouts ear and left. She came over to me and asked if she could speak to me outside. "Mr.Malfoy it seems that your daughter is in the infirmary" she says. I turn around and take off walking quickly to the infirmary. "Mr.Malfoy" Professor Sprouts called out but it was too late I was now running to the infirmary making sure nobody was around of course.

I open the infirmary doors to hear crying. I would know that crying anywhere. It's Andromeda crying. I scan the beds and soon find her laying in bed nine. I rush over to her. "What happened" I say taking her into my arms. "A kid had given her a fireball candy not knowing how hot it was and it ended up making her throat swell. She was given a potion to help but we couldn't calm her down" she says. I nod at her and she walks away.

"It's ok Andromeda I'm here now. Your ok everything is ok" I say. She slowly starts to calm down and I lay her on the bed and pull a chair up. I was informed they wanted to keep her for the next hour to monitor her.

Lunas pov

Professor Sprouts has dismissed class and Draco was still not back. I walk over and put his books into his bag and sling it over my shoulder. "Excuse me professor. I was wondering where Draco went I just thought I would bring him his bag back." "Yes dear he went to the infirmary. His daughter was sent there poor dear" she says. "Thank you" I say heading to the infirmary.

I arrive in no time and spot him sitting next to Andromeda. I walk towards the bed and Andromeda's face breaks into a smile. Draco sees her smile and turns to look at me.

"Hi Draco I noticed you left your bag in class" I say handing him the bag. "Ummm thank you Lovegood" he says taking the bag.

"What's your name? Is it dove you remind me of a dove. They're pretty and have feathers like your hair" the tiny girl asks. "No my names Luna" I say. "Wow that's pretty what does it mean? My Narnar says my name means beautiful" "Well mine means the moon" I say. "Well must get going to my next class" I say. "No please stay" she says. "Sweetie she has to go to her next class and you should probably rest a little bit more" Draco says. But before the little girl could object I said "No your dads right but I'll see you later I promise" I say giving her a smile. Draco gives me a slight smile and I turn around to head to my next class.