Prologue ¤ Dylan

When Dylan wakes up and finds that Anya Lee is not responding, he panics. Dylan carries her in his arms as he runs down the hallway, going towards the other room where the closest people, Klaus and Sebastian, are.

"Seb! Klaus!" Dylan exclaims once he reaches the door. He kicks it once and steps back.

Klaus opens the door. "What the hell?"

"I don't know, but she won't wake up," Dylan says. Klaus lets them into the room, where Dylan lays Anya Lee down on the bed. Sebastian comes out of the bathroom a moment later and frowns.

"Uh, what's going on?" he asks.

"I don't know. When we fell asleep, everything was fine. But then when I woke up, she wouldn't respond to me. And she always does even if it takes a couple tries. Anya Lee is not going to wake up without our help," Dylan says.

"How do we know she's not just really deep in sleep?" Sebastian asks.

"Anya Lee? Hey, love, it's time to get up," Dylan says. She doesn't move. "Anya Lee? Come on, it's time to get up." Nothing. He checks her pulse, and finds it strong and healthy. She's still alive, but he doesn't know for how long  -  or where she even is.

"Okay, now I'm freaked out," says Klaus.

Dylan sits down beside Anya Lee. "What do we do? We have to keep moving, but I'm not leaving her behind."

"Neither are we," Sebastian says. "How about this. We take turns carrying her. I will go for as long as I can, then you or Klaus goes. Then we just go from there."

"Okay," Dylan says.

"If you need to get ready for the day, go ahead. I'll watch her," Klaus says.

"Thanks, man," Dylan says.

"Hey, it's what family is for."