18 ¤ Images and Dreams

Images fly through my mind a mile a minute. And I can't discern exactly what I am looking at. Then, the flow of the images stops, and I am thrown into the water that makes up this part of the dream and image.

I surface, gasping for breath, and then I am standing alone in a white room. I turn around and see Dylan bound and blindfolded. I run over and try to take off the blindfold, but my hands pass through his head like he  -  or I   -  is not there. He looks absolutely miserable in this state, not that I can blame him.

"But where are you?" I ask, and then I'm falling.

I hit the ground hard and feel my whole body jerk, but instead of waking up, I'm still in my dream.

But no longer blindfolded, Dylan stands in another room with white walls and no windows, but this is bigger. He also has a metal collar around his neck, like a prisoner in a sci-fi movie or a dog.

"My poor baby," I whisper. "Please, tell me where you are."

His eyes land on me, but then I jolt awake. I'm laying on the floor at the base of the podium and Tui looks down at me, a worried look on her face.

"Anya Lee?"

"I'm fine."

She helps me up.

"You were out for five minutes," she says. "I knew you'd be out for a while when you fainted, but I didn't know how long. So I grew concerned when I realized my visions did not say how long you'd be unconscious for."

"Sorry," I say,  not knowing what else to say.

"No, no, it's quite alright," Tui says. "Everyone has a different reaction to the podium, and everyone who has a lot of magick in them passes out. It's just what happens."

"Oh, okay."

"Please, take your knowledge of what happened, and return to your friends. I know much has happened between you and them, but trust me when I say they all miss you."

"Thanks, for everything, Tui," I say.

She smiles and nods. "May we met again, in this life, or the next."