22 ¤ Anya Lee

Dylan has been gone for a while now. Days. Maybe a week, I honestly don't know. We've looked everywhere. Short of storming the ACF base, we don't know what else to do.

Jaycee doesn't talk anymore. She quit talking on her own, deciding that she had nothing nice to say. I'm worried about her. I'm also worried about how long it'll be before she and Rose decide to move on and go somewhere else.

Right about now, I wouldn't be surprised.

Faye, Klaus, and Jade sit together, talking about where we should go next.

We are hiding in a motel off some highway in the middle of no and where. We are all using fake names too, save for when we talk to each other.

"The ACF has already raided those places before, so I don't think they'll do that again anytime soon. But I don't know for sure, really," says Klaus.

"Wait, you mean go back to where we were before?" Jade asks.

"Yeah, that would be the general idea," he says.

"I'm sorry, I thought that since we had already been there, that we weren't going back" Jade says.

"Jade, we can't exactly never sleep in the same place twice, you know that," says Faye.

"Guys, we have a lot of stuff to think about. We don't know which ACF place he's being held in, or even who has him. It could even be the original ACF assholes. We just don't know," I say.

"I know, Anya Lee. I know," says Jade. "But it still doesn't make sense for us to go in guns blazing to every ACF place we know of. It'd be too dangerous and they could move him before we find him."

"Why would Darren even want him?" Klaus asks me.

"I don't know. I don't know my own father, okay? All I know is he wants to punish me so he will do whatever he can to hurt Dylan  .... and I just can't let that happen."

"I know, but killing all of us won't save Dylan," Jaycee says. "I'm sorry, Anya Lee. But I can't just stay here and let you do this to yourself and the others. I'm sorry. But I'm leaving and so is Rose."

I nod. "Okay. Well, anybody else want to go with them?"

"I'm sticking with you, no matter what," Jade says. She stands up and walks over to where I am.

"I'm staying too," Klaus says.

"Same," says Faye.

"Okay, well, good luck," Jaycee says. Then she and Rose are gone.