20 ¤ Dylan

Dylan has been here for at least two days, when he is introduced to Dr. Carys Martin, a woman who works with his captors. Zakariah Jones and Carys Martin stand there in the middle of the lab, talking animatedly about the tests that Dylan has done and passed. He sits on the testing table and stares at the floor.

He just wants to go home, he needs to see the others. He just needs to see that they're all okay. Is that too much to ask for?

"What do you think, Dylan?" asks Carys.

He doesn't say anything. He hasn't been speaking to her at all since his imprisonment. It's just too much. This whole thing is just too much for him to stand. The constant poking and prodding, the ever-present need to check his vitals ... the list goes on and on.

"I don't know if he has a preference," says Zakariah.

My preference is to go home.

But at this point, what would be the point of telling them that? It's not like they'd let him go.

"Oh, you're homesick? I'll just send you on your way, then. Thanks for coming!"

Yeah, right.

"Dylan? I'm talking to you." Carys looks at him expectantly. "I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"I'm homesick," he mutters.

"Oh, sweetheart, I'm sorry," she says. "What would make you feel better?"

"Going home."

Zakariah laughs. "You're not going anywhere, son. Sorry."

Dylan glares at him,  but doesn't say anything.

They continue testing him, and then he's taken back to his room. He lays down, closes his eyes, and tries to imagine that he's back home, back with Anya Lee and the others.

His heart aches for her. He needs to make sure she's okay somehow. But how? He doesn't know what to do.

The sound of his door opening draws his attention, and he looks up as a man with dark blond hair walks over to him and stops at the foot of his bed.

"Can I help you?" Dylan asks.

The man shrugs. "I sure hope so."

"Okay, well ... " Dylan trails off, watching the man.

"Take my hand, and I will get you out of here. Please, you gotta trust me. They're gonna kill you."

"Well, of course they're gonna try and kill me, they're the bad guys."

The man shakes his head. "You don't get it, man. This is a trap. For Anya Lee."

"Then get me out of here."

The man nods, and holds out his hand. "You gotta hold on tight, then we're going to teleport."

Dylan sighs and takes his hand. Then, in a flash of light, they're gone.