2 ¤ The Summit of the World

I don't know where I am, but wherever it is, I'm glad that I am not alone anymore. Kyah brings me to a place that is high up in the night sky, a place where it's dark and dreary and depressing.

Kyah walks ahead of me, and when she turns back around to look at me, the black mask over her face is creeping me out. She puts a finger to her lips and then points up.

Bat-like creatures cling to the walls and ceiling of this place. I wrap my wings around myself and press on, not sure what they even are.

We walk for a while, and then we stop and enter yet another dimly lit area, this one is illuminated by a blue light. I walk close to Kyah, not wanting to get separated or something.

After what feels like hours, we stop at the top of a mountain-like structure. It's vague and I know, but here, things are very much different than they are in my home world.

"Where are we?" I whisper.

"The Summit of the World, Anya Lee. This is the most sacred place in my world  ...  a place where the deities we worship are honored." She turns back to me. "Do you know why I brought you here?"

"No, I don't," I say.

"I brought you here because you are one of the deities we worship, as is your mate. Together, you two are the ultimate couple, the ultimate power. It's rather confusing, and hard to explain, but know that you two are revered as the saviors of this world."

"What is this world called? And how are me and Dylan your gods?"

"Aeden. And you two are the most unique case of a paradox there ever was. It is incredibly hard for me to explain, but I suppose the easiest way to explain it would be this: You two exist in this world, as well as in yours. Earth and Aeden are basically parallel worlds. And now that I have brought you here to the Summit, I can have you meet yourself. Which is the whole reason why you are here in the first place."

"Why am I here? What's the purpose of you stealing me away from my family?"

"I brought you here to heal my world, as well as meet yourself. She is not named Anya Lee, her name is Adelaide. And your Dylan is Jake."

"How do I heal your world? By having a conversation with Adelaide?" I ask.

"You will see. When she arrives, I will give you two some peace. But for now, you must be silent so I can call her forth."

I give her a thumbs-up and watch as she begins some weird ritual-like practice. She dances and chants in an unknown language, and then, there's a swirl of multicolored light. The light builds and builds and then, a girl who looks exactly like me emerges from it.

"Anya Lee," she says. "I am Adelaide, or rather, you. I am glad to finally meet another version of myself"