5 ¤ Awakening

When I wake up, I'm in a bedroom somewhere. A place I don't recognize. When I look around, I see Dylan beside me in the bed, fast asleep. One of his wings is draped across me. His breath is warm against the top of my head as he breathes in and out.

I blink a few times and sit up slowly, trying not to stir him awake or something. But then, something weird happens. I am suddenly drifting away in my own mind, like the feeling you get when you disassociate with the conversation you're having.

My head starts to hurt then, and as I look up at him, something in my brain changes. And I suddenly have no clue where I am, or who he is.

He sighs in his sleep and starts to move, but then he must not feel me there anymore, because he wakes up. And when he does, I lose control over myself.

I lunge forward, using my wings to push myself forward. I wrap my hands around his throat and squeeze. He gasps and struggles against me, but he's too stunned to do much of anything.

"Anya Lee! This .... it's me!" he gasps.

I know it's you, my love. I just can't control myself.

I am still pushing against his neck when I'm smacked over the head with something. I collapse on the ground and then as I recover, I see Rose standing there, looking stunned like he did. But she's holding a heavy book in her hands.

"Anya Lee? What are you doing?" she asks.

I open my mouth to tell her something is wrong, but my control is gone again. And I launch myself at her throat, my own mouth open wide.

Oh my gosh, I'm going to rip her throat out.