Chapter fourteen

"Welcome to our hotel." Tammy puts her arms out and spins around, once we're all out of the taxi.

"How much did this place cost?" I ask, taking in the luxurious building on front of us.

"That part doesn't matter." She waves my question off.

"Do I need to ask for a rise?" Theo raises an eyebrow. "Where are you getting this money from?"

"Pffft, like you two aren't two of the most well off cops in America." Charlie adds into the conversation.

"Enough about money, we need to get checked into our rooms. Tomorrow night, Max and Shay get here, so tonight it's just us." Tammy swings around and walks through the entrance of the hotel. I take my time taking in everything, as Tammy checks us in. The lobby is marble white everywhere with two glass elevators to the right of the front desks. On the other side of the lobby, there's dainty signs pointing in different directions with the titles 'pool', 'games room', 'restaurant' and 'more information'.

Tammy turns towards Theo and I a few minutes later, as we both read through leaflets a tour guide gave us. She hands us a room card each "room number 345, it's on the third floor. What about we meet back here at 8pm?"

"We're sharing a room?" Theo glances from his card up to Tammy.

She gives us an innocent smile. "It was cheaper and this place was almost sold out."

Theo and I give each other a knowing look.

"Eight sounds good." I laugh. We all walk over to the glass elevator, where Theo and I get off at the third floor, while Tammy and Charlie continue up to the fifth.

"If the lobby is anything to go by our rooms going to be pretty nice." I say, as I put the key card into the hold. The door unlocks with a ping and a green light and Theo pushes it open.

My comment about the room being 'pretty nice' turns out to be a huge understatement once we step into the room. The first thing I notice is the amazing view and balcony, but my eyes zoom in on something in particular....

The bed.