Chapter thirty-seven

The bright light booming through the window stirs me awake. I moan in complaint and turn around in the bed to get comfortable and avoid the pounding in my head but my eyes shoot open when I hit something.

Or should I say someone.

"Could you quit moving I'm trying to sleep." Theo mutters groggily, not opening his eyes.

"Yeah well maybe if you closed the stupid curtains then I wouldn't be shuffling." I snap back causing Theo to also realise what's happening and look towards me after sitting up.

He huffs and drops himself back into his pillow. "I remember now, you were being a spoilsport which is the exact reason you're in my bed but not naked."

I roll my eyes. "I'm a bit hazy but I'm pretty sure that's not how it went down."

"I didn't go down, that was the problem." He grumbles and I laugh.

"Blame your new found best friend." I shrug. "If I hadn't seen him playing tongue tennis with my best friend after all the shit I had to listen to about both of them, the night probably would've went a lot differently."

Theo wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me towards him so that my back is against his chest. "We could make up for it now." He suggests and I can hear the smirk in his voice. He moves his head as his lips connect with the back of my neck. I bask in the enjoyment for a few seconds before I push him away and he groans.

"The only thing I'm interested in right now is getting rid of this hangover before I get on that flight tonight."

"Not a good hungover flyer?" He laughs.

I shake my head but regret it immediately. "That's an understatement." I pull the duvet off of me and sit up on the edge of the bed. I notice drunk Olivia decided to change into a black lingerie set, which I should probably be grateful for thanks to the lack of bra I was wearing last night. I pull my hair into a messy high ponytail before exciting the room.

Theo follows a few seconds behind me while I turn on the coffee machine. "Someone's not shy this morning." He smirks, not that he's wearing much clothes anyway.

I shrug. "You probably watched me change last night, I can't remember."

Theo laughs and leans against the other side of the island. "I'm a bit foggy too but I'd definitely remember if that happened."

I gasp and start grinning. "I remember now, it's not my fault it's yours!" When he gives me a questioning raised eyebrow I continue. "I straddled you, you winced reminding me of your ribs and Jennifer's orders causing the night to go the way it did."

Theo grumbles. "Remind me to kill Jennifer at my next follow up."

I laugh and pour us both a coffee. Before handing him his I take a sip and wince. "Let's go to a real coffee shop."

"There's one on the roof." He suggest and I nod.

________________________________

"They don't sell coffee." I say as I walk back to the table Theo has occupied and hand him his drink.

"So you bought beer?" He asks with a grin.

I shrug with a matching grin of my own. "There's only one other way to get rid of a hangover."

"Get drunker." He laughs. "You wanna get on the flight though right?"

"Debatable." I answer truthfully. "Back there we'll have to face the reality of what it would have meant if something actually happened last night."