Chapter 20: Turn it Around

Interhigh National Tournament
Day 3 – Third Round & Quarterfinals

Quarterfinals: Inarizaki – Shiratorizawa Match – First Set
Inarizaki [26 – 27] Shiratorizawa

Atsumu pants lightly as he glares at Shiratorizawa's side. Usually it would take a while for Ushijima's engine to get warmed up, but from the looks of it, he's already performing exceptionally well. It's most likely due to the left-over adrenaline from the third round.

"And Ushijima scores again! Gaining Shiratorizawa the lead in the first set! Will Inarizaki lose the first set right here? Or will they be able to turn it around and build momentum before Shiratorizawa can snatch the first set?"

"I don't think Shiratorizawa wants to let them have that chance! They're subbing in their third year Pinch Server, Semi Eita."

"Nice serve." Kawanishi mumbles as he steps off the court. Semi takes a deep breath as he focuses his attention onto Inarizaki.

'Right now, we have the lead.' He thinks as he bounces the ball a few times. 'The fact that Coach subbed me in so early, shows that he's counting on me to not mess up. I need to score right now.'

The referee blows the whistle as he takes another deep breath, tossing the ball into the air as he jumps and serves.

"Gin!"

Ginjima dives for the ball as he barely gets it up, accidentally sending it over to Shiratorizawa's side.

"Soz'!" "Chance ball!"

"Semi-san!" Shirabu easily passes it to Semi as he jumps to set the ball.

"Wakatoshi!" He calls, sending a high toss to Ushijima as he jumps up to spike. Predicting this, Ojiro, Osamu and Suna run up to block the cross spike, letting Akagi handle the straight.

BAM!

Ushijima hits the ball straight towards Akagi as he lines up for the receive, wincing from the force as it flings to the right.

"Soz'!"

"Got it!" Ginjima yells as he dives for it, successfully getting the ball up once again. It heads towards the net.

"Hit it over, Osamu!"

Osamu jumps to spike the ball as it comes towards him, seeing this, Tendou runs over to block it.

BAM!

Hitting full force, Osamu's spike bounces off of Tendou's outstretched arm and gets caught in the net, tumbling down onto Shiratorizawa's side.

Inarizaki [27 – 27] Shiratorizawa

"Nice kill! Osamu!"

Osamu turns around to high-five Ginjima as the Inarizaki cheer squad cheers for him. "Nice job gettin' those up, Gin."

"Someone's gotta be pickin' up the slack for you guys." He sighs, rotating into position for Suna's serve.

"Dammit..." Semi curses, gritting his teeth as he begrudgingly gets off the court. 'That could have been our chance to take the first set...!'

Suna boredly watches the referee, waiting for the instant he blows the whistle.

FWEET! Instantly sending the ball over, Shirabu grits his teeth as he stumbles to receive the ball, not having enough time to switch with someone else.

"Ohira-san!" "Alright!"

"Wakatoshi!" Ohira calls as he sends the ball to Ushijima. Oomimi and Ojiro instantly position themselves to block him.