Chapter 25: Simple, Pure Strength

Interhigh National Tournament
Day 5 – Finals

Finals: Inarizaki – Itachiyama Match – Third Set
Inarizaki [12 – 09] Itachiyama

"Nice kill, Rintarou! Nice kill, Rintarou!"

"Suna Rintarou scores once again! Spiking around Itachiyama's blockers, he snatched away that point with overwhelming technique and skill alone!"

"Damn! Suna's on a roll!" Riseki mutters in awe. "He's always great at gettin' points, but ever since the second set he's really been steppin' up his game!"

"He is." Kita agrees, watching the match carefully. "However... maybe it would be best for Atsumu to not use him repeatedly and instead mix it up a little more."

"Yeah... I don't know why but I'm startin' to feel a little uneasy." Y/N mumbles, glancing at Coach Kurosu for a moment. "Whaddya think, Coach?"

"Hmm... For now, Atsumu's makin' full use of Suna so that's good, but y'know... there's no such thing as an unblockable spike."

"Mm... and the more Rintarou uses the same attack, easier it is for Itachiyama to counter it."

Inarizaki [16 – 15] Itachiyama

"Gin! Nice serve!"

Taking a deep breath, Ginjima bounces the volleyball a few times before he tosses it into the air and serves.

BAM!

"Komori!"

"Now that was a powerful serve! And equally amazing was that receive! Way to pick it up! Inarizaki's serves just keep getting better and better! That was an amazing course!"

"Alright!" Iizuna calls, positioning himself to set, making eye contact with Nagaoka, he jumps up. "Sakusa!"

'I knew that was a fake-!' Suna scrunches his nose in annoyance as he and Osamu jump up to block Sakusa's Back Row Attack.

Running up from behind, Sakusa watches the ball carefully as Iizuna tosses, jumping up to spike. His form is elegant, precise, with such intense focus and concentration.

Suspended in the air, almost as if he were enveloped by a whirlwind, Y/N has a full view of Sakusa's back and beautiful spiking form.

'Oh no. He's gorgeous.'

BAM!

He swiftly spikes the ball with incredible power and such a lethal spin. It bounces off of Osamu's outstretched hand and flings to his left.

"One touch!" "Akagi!"

"Hnng-!" Akagi runs after the ball and dives for it, barely managing to get it up.

"An incredibly sharp spike from Sakusa Kiyoomi! As sharp as a razor!"

"Ha! You can say that again, such lethal trajectory! Incredible precision! But Miya Osamu managed to get a hand on it, Akagi connects the ball!"

"Aran!" Atsumu calls, crouching down and tossing to him.

"It seems like Inarizaki is combatting Itachiyama with their own Ace! In response to Sakusa's incredible spike, Inarizaki sends out Ojiro Aran! It's an Ace's showdown!"

"Three blockers!"

Nanase, Nagaoka and Tabata jump up to block Ojiro.

BAM!!