Escape

"Now, on with the festivities! We have another king in our halls. Let us show him our hospitality." The goblin king ended with a vile grin. As giant menacing devices were being carried to the wooden platform the company was gathered on, the goblin king began to sing of horrible deeds and torture. Agarwaen kept eyeing the pile of weapons, waiting for the time to make a move. She watched a goblin picked up Thorin's sword, it was elven and she hadn't given much thought to it until now. The goblin unsheathed it slightly before hissing and throwing it to the ground. Shrieking and yelling erupted among their ranks, and the goblin king climbed up back to his throne in fear.

"I know that sword!" He cried. "It is the goblin cleaver, the biter! The blade that slit a thousand necks!" Well that sure made everything a bit more interesting, the elf thought. The king then ordered his followers to kill the company. This was the window she was waiting for. As the goblins holding her began to attack her, she pushed them away and dove for the weapons. She grabbed a sword and slashed, slicing the stomachs of two goblins who were about to jump on her. The dwarves struggled without weapons, and just as she was about to run and help them, another creature tackled her to the ground. She decapitated it, and then moved on to try and help them.

Ori curled in on himself as a goblin raised his whip, but the strike never came. Instead, a headless body flopped on the ground in front of him. He looked up to see Agarwaen making quick work of the goblins, too focused with the dwarves to notice her approaching. One was on top of Thorin, a knife to his throat, but was not there for long. Agarwaen rammed into him, knocking the goblin on his back. She straddled the creature and plunged the sword she was carrying, which Ori recognized as Fili's, into his chest, and stood back up to slit the throat of another that came at her. Her being on the ground after the kill made it difficult to fight the new onslaught of goblins, and soon they had her pinned down as well. They turned Fili's sword against her, and were about to stick it through her stomach when a blinding white light exploded all around them, sending goblins flying. Agarwaen laughed. She knew who's spell that was.

"Take up arms," came Gandalf's voice. "Fight. Fight!" She sprang into action alongside her companions and resumed the slaughter. Blades were being tossed around between the dwarves, and she finally looked to see who's she'd grabbed.

"Agarwaen!" She heard Fili call. He impaled a goblin with her glowing blue sword as he made his way to her.

"I believe this is yours then?" She said, hacking into two other enemies.

"Care to trade?" He said, pausing between each word to slash at a goblin. She then threw him his sword, and he threw her hers. Both were used immediately, and the two took to fighting back to back for a few moments.

"Good balance on yours." She said amidst the fight.

"I know. Nice color on yours." He replied when he could. Thorin knocked the goblin king over the edge of the platform, and the company soon had the upper hand in the fight.

"Follow me!" Gandalf instructed, and everyone fell in line behind him. The tunnels had changed slightly since Agarwaen had been there, but she knew vaguely where the exit was.

"Here," Bofur said, frantically handing her daggers, bow, and quiver to her.

"Thank you." She said as she continued to run with everyone. She sheathed her sword and daggers, keeping her bow out. Being in the middle of the group, archery was the way she'd do the most effective damage. Thorin and Dwalin in the front of the group took care of any oncoming threats, so Agarwaen took to looking after the rear of the group, shooting goblins that tried to jump down on the company from above. As her quiver began to empty, she put her bow away and took her sword back, saving what arrows she had left in case she needed them later.