Trouble in Paradise

Title - Trouble in Paradise
Author - ThatOneAuthor101
Started - 20th May, 2020
Finished - 24th May, 2020
Heart list - 💛💙

》》》》》◇《《《《《

(While reading)
Aftet reading TFIOS and Everything Everything almost back to back, I kind of sweared to never read books about sick girls again. But the description said the disease is cured so why not? No one said it was going to come back.

Bloody assholes! Shouldn't have trusted them in the first place.

(After reading)
That night I had read enough, my eyes were on the verge of giving up but my brain wasn't ready to sleep. I was just browsing books on Wattpad. I started reading the first chapter expecting to know the storyline better. Too happy to know that Stef wasn't sick anymore I scrolled for second chapter. And boy, that girl is savage. Her sarcastic remarks and insults got me hooked.

I was reading some other book at that time. Reading six chapters of this one when I wasn't done with that made me feel like I'm cheating. So I completed that book first and after writing the review continued this. I read 17 chapters in one night. The scolding I received later by my parents for staying up late was inevitable.

So Stephanie was diagnosed with some kind of cancer in her childhood. Her whole school life was spent battling the disease. When finally she beat it, all she has got is a final year of highschool which she wanted to spend in peace without any problems. But there are four badboys all prepared to ruin her plans.

Let's break this into three parts - when they were assholes, when they became besties, after the betrayal.

Part one - From the very first day all four boys Xavier, Ethan, Blake & Jordan do their job of bullying and our Stef stands up against them. In return they cause her physical pain, because of course, no one has ever gone against them. The pain was much worse for Stef's weak body and the boys didn't even realize that. I was wondering if they even have that organ called heart.

Part two - Blake and Jordan are the nicer ones. They apologised and tried to make up for their past mistakes. They became friends with Stef and this trio was my favourite. Blake and Jordan are complete goofs.

Xavier and Ethan took some time to realise their mistakes but either way came around. Stef babysitted Ethan's sisters. Helped Xavier with his fears. Provided relationship advices to Blake in middle of the night. Jordan motivated her to get back to Soccer. The enemies turned into besties.

I was expecting her to end up with Xavier as he was called the the most attractive one, but Ethan works too.

Part three - I forgot to mention the queen bee Veronica, who's responsible for most of the problems in this book. She stole Stef's first friend and turned her into one of her minions. I don't even want to talk about the rumours and fake news she spread about Stef.

Stef hid the truth of her disease from her boys. She never had best friends like them and it's obvious she didn't want to lose them or get treated with pity. But the way they reacted after knowing the truth, so not done.

As her best friends, I expected them to take care of her, but what they did? They believed Veronica and behaved like their friendship never existed. They sidestepped all the things Stef did for them and hurt her more than the disease could. I never felt enraged over any characters this much.

If we don't consider the epilogue as a part of the story, it has a happy ending. It takes a lot of efforts and apologies from the boys and Amber's prank to finally forgive them. I didn't feel like they deserved her forgiveness, they were her best friends afterall.

Many things don't make sense. The camp they were talking about after Blake's breakup, Xavier's birthday party. I expected something big to happen at these events but they never happen. I mean, it's in serious need of editing.

I read somewhere in author's note that she was going to edit first chapters. If that has been done, I think the writing is much better in those. She wrote the book when she was 13-15 years old and considering that, it is so much good.

It's almost been a week since I read it. I don't think I have anything else to say. I've already said more than enough about the storyline and characters. I'll suggest to read it to know more.

Hey there! I read two books this week. One was Trouble in Paradise and the other one was The Upside of Falling. Even when I try to read other books somehow it ends up being a wattpad book. It was third fake dating book I read & none of them were bad. I loved this one too. I'd have created a separate part talking about that book, but the book was quite short and the wattpad version has more chapters but is not entirely same. So I'm not going to read it.

I've read enough books about American teens. So now I want some Indian books. Please suggest me some good Indian books.

Stay safe & take care.

Thanks for reading :)