Finding Scarlet

Title - Finding Scarlet
Author - SydneyDruckman
Started - 25th Nov, 2020
Finished - 3rd Dec, 2020
Heart list - ❤🧡

》》》》》◇《《《《《

It's been a while I read a book I'm trying to not finish. And most importantly, when almost all of my guesses about the story were right, this was not the ending I expected. It can't end like that. I was happy one moment and the next my heart shattered into pieces.

I can't say that this is my most favourite book by this author, because I have been blown away with her books before. It's hard to choose one. But it definitely has a place in my favourites. What a book! I don't know how I am going to explain this, damn it.

This is kind of a paranormal story. I've read only one before and all the guesses I did based on that turned out to be right. But both of them are different, so no comparisons.

Toby's an average teenager with a normal life. He meets a red haired girl in his dream. The trouble starts when she keeps appearing in his dreams again and again. In a playground where the time has stopped and nothing ever changes. The girl–Scarlet may be more than just a figment of his imagination. He has to find her to help her, even if she is too stubborn to take anyone's help.

I can't reveal anything more about the story, it'll spoil the fun. And I don't know how to describe Scarlet. Toby does it very well.

This is one of the books I'll remember because of its writing. It's just so good. Toby thinking about Scarlet and describing her just make you go 'aw'. Scarlet's point of view makes you wish her to be rescued as soon as possible.

I didn't get the first two/three chapters at all. They were so confusing to understand what's happening. But as the story unfolds everything falls into place. All little things one would ignore start to make sense.

When I first saw this book, it reminded me of Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. The covers are very similar with them facing backwards and her red hair. I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it. But saw the author's message board filled with praises for it and decided to read it. Good decision, I know.

The last chapter—man, so many things were supposed to or I wanted to happen in the story before it ends and there was only one chapter left. It made me go through so many emotions. Happiness, relief, heartbreak, hope and what not. It leaves you to imagine what happens next. So I imagined a happy ending.

This is the point where my dissipating writing skills leave me. I know what I want to say, just don't know how to. Well, you should get the point. The book is so good and surreal. I want ya'll to go read it right now, at this moment!

P.S. All the other books by this author are also pretty awesome. Check them out too.

P.P.S. Dear author, if you're reading this, please complete Bus Stations soon. I'm dying to read it.

Hi everyone! The review turned out better than some previous ones

Hi everyone! The review turned out better than some previous ones. College admission process starts this week. I'm freaking out. Let's hope it'll work out well.

Any books you want to read before the year ends?

Good day.

Thanks for reading :)