Chapter Four

"Adeline where are you?" A girl with long, wavy-red hair and purple eyes comes forward, calling the words loudly in the forest. "Come on, Adeline. Mom is looking all over for you." The same girl calls out again a little, more annoyed this time.

"Oh, come on." Another girl jumps from the bushes. Her platinum blonde hair is covered with the emerald colored leaves, that have taken the same color as her eyes. "You are no fun, Annabelle." She comments and sighs. "What if I don't want to go home?"

"Come on, she is worried about you." Annabelle whispers in a low voice and looks away from her, something nagging inside of her.

"I always thought that we got our powers accidently." Adeline comments as she starts walking forward, never looking back to check if another girl is following her or not. "You are too soft for your powers, Annabelle, while I am too... Let's say I am not suitable for my powers." She chuckles and shakes her head.

"You don't even know what you are talking about." Annabelle sighs and shakes her head, pushing her red hair away from her face. "Why would anybody want it? It brings nothing, but destruction and pain."

"And what can mine do?" Adeline asks irritated. "Heal someone? Why would I want to heal someone? Your power grants power, while mine grants nothing."

"It grants love, Adeline." Annabelle smiles gently and takes a small bunny from the ground, patting it gently, before letting it go. "While mine can only grant fear. Sometimes, I even feel jealous of you." Annabelle whispers again. "Nothing bad will happen if you lose yourself to it... While... If it happens to me..."

"I doubt that." Adeline smiles, more like smirks. "You are doing everything to hold power inside of you, you are slowly killing yourself and not using what has been gifted to you. You are stupid for that, Annabelle. Nothing can change that."

I snap my eyes open as I sit on my bed. I look around and smile as I spot my old teddy-bear at the corner of my bed. I take it and hug it tightly, trying to remember every single detail of my dream. Today, it hasn't been a nightmare, but a story about two girls, who knew each other. Maybe they even were sisters.

I think you should tell your mom about your strange dreams.

I look around, bewildered from the voice coming from somewhere around me. I look around once more, spotting no one and then back on the Teddy-bear I am holding.

Stop staring at the poor bear. I am the voice inside your head. Don't act like you don't know me, I am basically you, but improved version.

Um, you haven't showed up for several years. Why now?

Because it is beginning already and you need someone to help you. I have been here all these time. I didn't see the need of showing myself, until the recent event.

You mean the near death experience and the constant nightmares?

Not only them. Haven't you noticed strange things happening around you? I mean.... Nightmares, near death experiences, new students at school, dreams about people you have never met before, feelings as if you are being watched? Even your parents are acting strange. Come on, you should have noticed that.

I haven't noticed anything out of place. And Jacob has nothing to do with my dreams. He isn't even in my dreams to begin with.

Of course he is not. He doesn't have to be in them to smell suspicious. I do not trust your boyfriend as well. And I do not think this accidents were actually accidents. Waters do not get spilled on people you hate out of nowhere and earth do not usually shake when someone is seeming a nightmare about earthquakes. Also, light doesn't turn off in the whole street for the whole day just because someone got little electrocuted.