Chapter Twelve

"Adeline!" Annabelle runs behind her sister, trying her best to stop her. "You shouldn't do it!" She demands, anger slowly building up inside of her.

"Why shouldn't I?" Adeline looks angrily at her twin sister. She pushes her hair behind and concentrates on the single person, standing on her way. "We have powers, Annabelle. Powers, other people can't even dream about. Why should I waste them on pathetic little creatures? People do not deserve our help, when are you going to understand that? Don't you see how they treat you?"

"It is normal, Adeline." Annabelle smiles sadly, pain hitting her in the chest. "They fear the power inside of me. And I just deem it normal. Any person on the right mind, would do so. They don't know me well, so it is only natural." She explains, still hurt visible across her face.

"Oh, please." Adeline says harshly and sighs. "Annabelle, I love you. You are my sister and all... You are the only person, I can actually stand in this world, but you are too naïve for your own good. Your kindness will one day kill you, when your power decides to eat you up." Adeline whispers, slowly and gently caressing her sister's face. "You have to use them as your own advantages. I still think that my power would have suited you better." She sighs and smiles, taking her hands away from her sister. "And despite the fact, that I love you... I will kill you once you stand on my way."

I wake up, feeling the heaviness put atop of my chest. I can somehow feel the pain of Annabelle hitting me directly in my chest, making my heart squeeze tightly. I blink several times to get away from the tears, threatening to fall down on my face.

I stand up, feeling more tired than before I went to sleep. My steps are slowly and counted, scared that I might fall down. I slowly approach the bathroom, starting the shower and stripping off of the clothes immediately. I stand under the pouring, hot water, letting myself be wholly engulfed into the calming sensations.

I smile as water droplets run down my body, seething down the internal pain, I can barely stand. The images of two sisters are still replaying inside my brain, slowly getting more and more blurred as I think about it.

The images are half erased by the moment, I get out of the shower, as if the water has washed off everything, leaving only the patterns, that are not enough to tie up the whole story, to make sense. I gulp as I look in the mirror, eyeing myself and regretting it immediately. My eyes are swollen, as if I had been crying the whole day. My face is pale, as white as newly laid snow. My lips are cracked, as if I had been deprived of water. And my look is empty, as if I have no emotion inside of me. As if my heart is frozen. With another sigh, I start drying my hair and body till the point it is fully dried up.

I stare at myself in the mirror again, sick and tired, wanting nothing more, but to have a peaceful sleep with no nightmares again. I sigh and turn around, leaving the steamy bathroom, heading towards the bedroom, hopping down on the bed immediately.

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to remember the things, I have managed to forget in a short period of time, but nothing works as the loud banging on the door forces me to lose my attention. I tiredly and lazily get up, approaching the door with annoyed look on my face.

"Cassie!" Jacob exclaims as soon as I open the door. He looks at me with worried and wide eyes. "Get dressed. Michael wants to meet you, immediately." He adds and looks at my pajamas. He doesn't say anything more when I close the door, but I know that whatever has happened is urgent, forcing him to act like that.

I quickly wear black ripped jeans with black boots, white T-shirt and zipping black hoodie jacket atop of it. I take a final look inside the mirror and run out of the bedroom, only to see other students being ushered out of the dormitories as well.