GAD

Zak's POV

I can't believe it, Y/N is all mine I think, still holding her in a tight hug.

I wish this moment could last forever.

The hug ends as Y/N pulls away. I put my hand on her cheek, running my thumb back and forth as she holds my arm. Her (color) eyes are enough to make me tear up. A drop runs down my cheek as Y/N wipes the tear away.

"Don't cry Zak" she whispers, as she herself is teary-eyed.

"I can't help it, I'm so happy."

We go back in for another hug.

Y/N's POV

"Wait" I say, pulling away from Zak just enough so his arms are still around me but we can look at each other. "Where's Darryl?"

"Oh... shit" Zak responds, also realizing he forgot about him.

Just as we say that, the balcony door is opened by Darryl.

"There you guys are! I was-" Darryl cuts himself off from seeing Zak's arms around me.

Zak drops his arms quickly.

"Sorry, am I interrupting a moment?"

"Nono, you're fine" I say taking a step away from Zak.

"Are you guys..." Darryl asks, trying to find his words.

"Yeah, we are" Zak responds sounding proud.
I'm so happy he's actually proud to be with me. I wouldn't-

I stop my thoughts before they can ruin this moment. Our moment.

Darryl practically starts fanboying as he squeals and runs over to hug us.

"I'm so happy for you guys" Darryl says, his voice crackling a little.

"Are you crying?" Zak asks as we laugh a little.
"No!" Darryl denies as he wipes his eyes.

"Awww!" I giggle.

"What did I miss?" Darryl asks. We tell him we'll tell him on the car ride home. But for now, though, we go back inside and continue to enjoy ourselves, and now Darryl is having a good time. He's actually a better dancer than Zak and I are combined.

Time skip

We get to the car, Darryl in the back seat and Zak in the passenger seat. I start the story about the creep, Jonathan, and Zak tells his part of the story when he stepped in.

"Oh my gosh! I told you muffins something bad was gonna happen!" Darryl yells.

"But something good came out of it too." Zak says as he puts his hand on my thigh. My face flushed pink.

Soon enough we pull into my driveway.

"I'm gonna head out, see you guys!" Darryl says pulling out his keys to go home. "And congratulations!"

"Thank you for coming Darryl" I say and Zak and I hug him.

Zak and I head into the house. I start to head for the stairs, but Zak grabs my hand to pull me back.

"Y/NNNN."

"Zaaaak."

"I want attentiooon" Zak whines, holding my waist.
I giggle and say, "you're so cute. You wanna watch a movie?"

"YEEEEES" he yells, practically blowing my ears out. He picks me up bridal style before I can react, brings me to the couch, and sets me down. We both start laughing.

"What should we watch?" I ask Zak, and he suggests we watch (Netflix movie) on Netflix.

"I love this movie!" I squeal.

"So do I"

"Yeah, I know, you picked it."

"...yeah"

I chuckle at him. Zak puts his arm over my shoulder and kisses the top of my head. As the movie starts, I rest my head against Zak and wrap my arms around him, making us half cuddling.

During the entire movie, though, we can barely focus on the screen because we are so invested in each other. We even make plans for then next few days. Suddenly, a wave of sadness overcomes me.

"... when are you leaving?" I ask.

"Oh yeah... well, I haven't actually gotten a ticket yet to go back, so I don't know. I thought once we ran out of ideas I would go back."

From this point on, I now will have to constantly wreck my brain to figure out what to do the next day so he wouldn't go back. Eventually, though, he will have to go back.

I knew this was too good to be true. I went off and did it again. Got my hopes up and now they're going to be shattered.

"Y/N?" Zak asks.

"Yeah?"

"You okay? You went quiet there for a second."

"Yeah, I'm fine! Of course I'm okay, you're here!" I say giving Zak a big hug which he returns.

Again, silence. The only noise is the movie that's playing.

"We should invite Vincent over soon" Zak says, breaking the silence.

"That would be fun. We can ask him tomorrow" I respond, still with a monotone voice.

"Okay" Zak says, stroking my hair as we change our attention over to the movie.

Why does this always have to happen?
Why won't anything work?

Can my mind please, please leave me alone for once? Just for Zak?

Numerous thoughts start rushing through my head, and now all I can do is breathe and hope Zak doesn't notice the tears in my eyes.

Eventually, the movie ends and by that time I've calmed down.

"You ready for bed?" Zak asks, picking up my head by putting his hand on my chin.

"Yeah, are you?"  I ask.

"Yeah, let's go."

We go up the stairs together, holding hands. When we get to his room, Zak kisses my forehead and tells me goodnight and to sleep well, while I tell him the same.

I go into my room, close the door, and almost immediately stumble over from being so dizzy.
I start my breathing exercises to keep my heart rate down. Luckily, Zak didn't hear the thud of me falling onto the floor in my room.

I wait for a few minutes, breathing, then quietly go downstairs to grab my medicines, mainly sertraline. It doesn't do much, but it makes me manage. I grab my 150 mg of sertraline and the rest of my pills and swallow it with water.

"What're you doing?" I hear Zak we up the steps as I start coughing again.

"You gotta stop doing that" I chuckle.

"I'm sorryyy, but what are you doing?" He asks again.

"Oh, I was just taking my vitamins. I forgot to."

"Alright, well go to bed babe, you've had a long day" Zak says, putting his arm around me and bringing me to my room.

"Goodnight again"  he says, starting to go back to his room.

"No forehead kiss?" I ask with puppy dog eyes.
He comes back over, gives me a big forehead kiss and we say goodnight again.

Once the door closes, the walls feel like they're caving in again since I have nothing to take my mind off of my thoughts.

Why, why can't my GAD and Panic just stop? I ask myself, letting out a tiny sob.

After about an hour of breathing exercises and countless songs, I fall asleep.

Word Count- 1162