Adoption

Y/N's POV

Zak is absolutely furious. He's punched the couch, kicked chairs, has been yelling and storming around.

"Zak..." I mutter.

"Don't try to tell me it's going to be okay. It's not" he quickly responds, making me go quiet.

Ding dong

I walk to the door and check the peak hole to see... Darryl and Vincent. I open the door hesitantly while Zak storms upstairs.

"Hey guys..." I sigh. Darryl doesn't pick up the mood and runs in to hug me.

"Hi Y/N!" He cheers, but Vincent pulls him back.

"Is something up?" Vincent asks reluctantly.

"Well... they came and got Mega" I mutter, looking to the floor since I can't look them in the eye. "They just left about an hour ago because they tracked his phone."

Darryl and Vincent's jaws drop.

"Is Zak okay?" Darryl asks, worried about him and taking a look around to see if he can find him in the room.

"He's not really fine... at all" I reply. "It might be better if we leave him alone."

"Yeah, whenever he's mad he just doesn't talk" Vincent agrees. "Where did they take Mega?"

"I think to his dad, the whole reason he had to leave in the first place was because of his mom but we never found out why."

"But don't both of his parents hate his guts?!" Darryl yells, looking more shocked than I was expecting. What don't I know?

"Huh?" I ask. "What do you mean?"

"He was telling Zak and I about a year ago that he was being abused by both of his parents due to a divorce they were having."

Tears flood my eyes. "He's abused?..." I whisper with pain in my voice. "HE'S ABUSED?!"

"I thought you knew" Darryl innocently gasps, hopping backwards from me raising my voice.

"No, I didn't know that" I snap back.

"Y/N, try to calm down-" Vincent stutters.

"CALM DOWN?!" I shriek. "HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN A TEENAGE BOY WAS JUST TAKEN AWAY TO BE ABUSED?"

Vincent takes a deep breathe. "Darryl, do you by chance have any of the screenshots that show he admitted it?"

"I would have to scroll really far up in discord-"

"DO IT" I shout, then lowering my voice to a raspy tone from trying not to cry. "Please, Darryl."

Darryl looks at the two of us and nods his head, unsure of his decision.

"I'm gonna go check on Zak" I stammer, heading up the stairs to the room. I knock on the door lightly to not awake him if he's asleep.

"What?" An angry tone responds through the door. I guess he isn't asleep.

"Can I come in?" I ask. All I get is a long, tense silence. "Please?"

"Fine."

I open the door to see him staring at the floor, sitting on the edge of the bed. His hands are in his lap and his hoodie is thrown over his head to cover the top half of his face.

"Let me see you" I whisper, walking to him and going for the hoodie over his eyes until he puts his hand up between me and him.

"Not the time" he mutters.