Mute

Zak's POV

"What's wrong Mega?!" Y/N asks in complete shock. I'm not even so much shocked that he's a teenager but more so that he's here and... a real human.

Mega seems to struggle to speak. "I can't- I can't-"

We bring him to the couch to sit him down. Rocco runs up to our guest and puts his paws in Mega's lap, licking his arm. He pulls out his phone after struggling for a while to speak, opens notes, and starts typing.

"I have a speech impediment; it's why I never speak. The one time Y/N heard me I was having a good day."

I feel absolutely horrible. I call this guy a mute all the time when he genuinely can't speak correctly. I really hope it didn't offend him too much; I would have never said it if I only knew.

"That's okay" Y/N reassures Mega. "But why are you here? How did you find us?"

*tap tap tap tap*

No wonder he's so fast at typing; it's really the only easy way he can speak.

"CPS is trying to take me away from my mom and bring me to my dad so I just ran away. Bad told me where you guys were; it wasn't hard at all to get him to tell me."

"Baaaad!" I whine, trying to brighten the mood. "But you could get into serious trouble if you keep running from CPS."

*tap tap tap tap*

"Can I just stay here for a day or two until I figure out where I go next?"

Y/N and I look at each other and give an approving nod. "Of course you can" I smile to him.

Y/N's POV

I guess Mega is going to be staying here for a bit! He seems pretty unstable so I won't push what's wrong with his family life. It has to be pretty bad if he's this upset and vulnerable when he usually acts tough.

"I'll show you where you can stay," I smile, bringing him to the two guest rooms for him to choose from. "There's a blue themed one and a red themed one that you can pick."

Mega stutters "blue" and looks towards the blue room. Zak opens the door for him and shows him around the room since he used to stay in it before. Surprisingly, Zak is very good with kids. Usually he's online yelling "shut up kid" or something along those lines, especially with Mega.

Hm...

I interrupt to ask if he would like something to eat or for a change of clothes that I can get him. He must be starving after coming here and his clothes are dirty.

Mega tries to pronounce "yes, please" but it doesn't seem to come out.

"I understand" I giggle. I go to my room and pick out my most "boyish" clothes that I have for him that can fit. Luckily, I have a baggy blue striped shirt and some black pants that are a little bit too big on me. "It's like your Minecraft skin!" I cheer.

"Nerd" Mega manages to scoff. I'm glad to see he's getting more comfortable.

After Zak and I leave the room and let him change, we all head downstairs to see what Mega wants to eat. He eventually sees the Mac And Cheese and points to it.

"I'll make you it" I say, letting him go back to his guest room. "The remote is in the drawer under the TV so you can watch something."

My heart feels warm when he pulls down his scarf a little bit so I can see him smile.

"Go record" I say to Zak. "You still have to do that, ya know."

"Shut up idot" Zak chuckles and turns around. Aaaaand Zak's back to normal.

Time skip

After making Mega the best Mac And Cheese I can possibly make and grabbing him water, I go to the guest room to see a half-asleep Mega.

"Megaaa" I whisper to not accidentally scare him. "Here you go!"

I hand Mega the tray and he starts eating rapidly. "Thank you" he types out on his phone while his mouth is full of food.

"Of course," I giggle. "There's no need to thank me. When you're done, try to get a little rest."

He nods his head up and down in agreement. He definitely made himself at home very quickly; it makes me feel good to know that he knows he's in a safe place.

On the way out, I gently shut the door for him. Poor kid... and poor Zak. He must feel horrible for calling Mega a mute for all this time and making it a meme. Hopefully Mega can forgive Zak after letting him stay here.

Once he's awake and calmed down maybe I'll start asking questions; I'm dying to know what happened specifically and I'm sure Zak is curious too.

"Ahhh!" Zak yells from downstairs. Agh, he has to be a little bit more quiet so Mega can sleep. Quickly going downstairs, I put my index finger on my lips to tell him quietly that he needs to stop being loud while recording with Spifey (🤫). He nods his head and goes back to playing.

I really hope I'm not being too much of a Karen. I feel like I'm being naggy. Oh well, it's only for about two days. Now, to confront Darryl about randomly giving away our address.

I go to my recording room to call him on discord since I'm planning on live streaming in a bit anyways.

*ring ring... ring ring... boop*

"Hi Y/N!" Darryl cheers. "What's up?"

"Nothin much... just, you know, Mega showed up to mine and Zak's house."

"WHAT?!" He yells, surprised. "Okay okay I can explain."

"I'm not mad" I laugh, stopping him. "I'm glad Mega found us but don't be giving our address to just anyone, alright?"

"I know I knooow" Darryl replies. In the background you can distinctly hear Vincent yell, "you gave their address out?!"

"No, you muffin head! Well, yes, but no..." Darryl starts.

"I'll leave you two to it" I giggle, about to hang up. "Byyye!"

Time skip

I end my stream after three hours of playing Minecraft on Hypixel with Skeppy and Spifey joining in at the end.

"Byyyye, goodnight!" We all yell and also end the call.

I go to meet Zak in the living room like we usually do after we get done recording.

"Should we go check on him?" Zak asks. I nod my head to agree but also to remind him he has to be quiet.

We creek the door open to see him deep asleep in the bed and wrapped up in blankets.

"He looks so comfortable" I whisper.

"I know right" Zak whispers back. "Well, we probably shouldn't watch him sleep."

"No one was thinking that except for you, you weirdo" I say, trying not to laugh too loudly. We shut the door quietly to let him sleep.

"I never would've guessed he has a speech impediment" Zak sighs. "I feel so bad for calling him a mute."

"He obviously has no ill intentions with you since he chose to come here instead of somewhere else" I reassure him. "You didn't know."

Word Count- 1217