Kid

One week later

Y/N's POV

A week has gone by since Mega was taken away from us. Zak has had to be on Invaded Lands more often now that Mega isn't able to manage the server anymore. Not only that, Zelk rarely ever does anything for the server anymore along with the other staff since he has his own channel to manage as well. To cover it, though, Zak has been making more videos on his own server again like trolling hackers.

Unfortunately, people have been asking where Mega has all of a sudden went. They've even taken it to Zak's Twitch streams.

Of course, he covered it up by saying Mega is fine but he'll talk to him anyways to see what's up

Soon enough, we get a text from him. "They're going to be shutting off my service for my phone since it was paid for by my parents."

"Can't you connect to the internet there?" Zak suggests to him over message.

"Yeah but my point is that my connection won't be too great anymore, idiot. The WiFi here is garbage."

"Rude" Zak messages back with the eye rolling emoji. "Stay strong, kid. You'll find good parents soon."

"No one wants to adopt a teenager. They want to be able to raise a kid on their own."

I guess he has a point. We want to tell him that he'll be out of there in no time but that just isn't true. When people think of adoption they immediately think of toddlers and babies; not edgy teenagers.

"That just means you'll find someone that really wants to have you" Zak responds. "Not something as stupid as your age."

From there on, we got no response.

"Let's go record to cheer you up" I smile to him. "Besides, you need more prerecorded videos anyways, right?"

"Mhm" Zak mumbles, getting up and going to his computer. "Get on, noob."

"Okay okay one second!" I playfully yell and run to my recording room to hop onto TeamSpeak.

"YO how's it going guys? Alright, so in today's video-"

Time skip

Zak and I held another $1,000 event and Darryl hopped into the event midway through to help us when it was getting out of hand.

"Y/N YOU MUFFIN HEAD, YOU LET THEM OUT OF THE JAIL" Darryl yells at me over the call.

"AGH I KNOW BUT THE PEOPLE ALIVE ARE ON THE PLATFORM!" I yell back. "JUST KEEP THE PEOPLE WHO ARE OUT AWAY FROM THE PLATFORM!"

"If u fall off th pltfurm u wil di" Zak types in chat to fix it. "THERE, ISSUE SOLVED!"

We start placing TNT on the edges of the platform before some people could notice and blow it up, leaving one person alive.

The three of us congratulate the winner and send him his money along with inviting them to the call.

"OH EM GEE I LOVE YOU GUYS" the little voice yelled to us over the call.

"We love you too" Zak giggled to him with Darryl letting out an "awe" in the background.

"I was mainly talking to Y/U..." the boy said.

"HAH!" I laugh at them. "Love you too, man."

We end the recording and leave the call after telling Darryl the situation with Mega which only makes Zak sad again.

"Y/NNN" Zak groans while flopping over onto the couch.

"Whaaaat Zaaaak" I whine back to him.

"I'm scared for Mega..." he sighs. "What if he winds back up with abusive parents?"

"He won't, cutie" I smile while sitting down with him on the couch. "People who adopt genuinely want to be good parents."

"But-"

"What if-"

"What happens if-"

"But-"

After a long time of Zak coming up with these scary thoughts and "what if's" for what might happen to Mega, he even starts to scare me a little. What if Mega really does get hurt? And what if whoever adopts him can't handle his speech impediment?

Zak and I along with Darryl and Vincent and the rest of our friends are used to it, of course. We never really spoke to him in the first place. It might not seem hard to us because we already are used to it, but what if no one else can get used to it?

We sit there on the couch for a long time, staring at the floor, worried for what might happen to him due to his very unfortunate situation.

Simultaneously, Zak and I whisper, "let's go."

Time skip

After an hour of driving, we finally arrive to the adoption center where Mega has been. When we walk in, we're kindly greeted by a lady at the front desk.

Time skip to the end of the day

We may have rushed them, but we did it. The adoption agency checked out our house to make sure there were no threats, did background checks on us, and all the rest of the required steps.

All the while, Mega has been texting us, "someone is actually trying to adopt me."

Little did he know, though...

"Come on Liam!" We hear a female worker cheer outside the door from the waiting room. "Meet your new parents!"

Mega sluggishly removes the hood from over his face as he enters the room to look at us, but quickly perks up.

"Zak?... Y/N?..." His voice cracks.

"Come here, kid" Zak smiles and opens his arms. Mega quickly runs up to Zak to give him a big, long hug. Tears fill my eyes at the sight. How could they not?

"My turn" I sob a little, opening my arms to hug Mega. He runs over and gives me a tight hug too. Soon enough, we're all crying tears of joy; even the woman who brought Mega out.

We thank the workers there and leave the adoption center.

"I'm not dreaming, right??" Mega types out on his phone to show us.

"You better not be" I giggle. "This would be a very cruel dream to be having."

Happily, we all drive back home. Mega's new room is the guest room he was in originally, and if Darryl and Vincent want to come here, they have to either share the other guest room or use the couch.

(I told you guys you would hate me ; D )

Word Count- 1050