Chapter 12: Dimming flame

Yang P.o.V:

It has been 3 days since Y/n had woken from his weak state and Y/n has been more stubborn as all hell. However I can't blame him for what Doctor told us.

Flashback 3 day ago:

I was sitting in next to Y/n's bed in hospital as he is unconscious with Team RWBY and Whitley. Weiss and Whitley were holding there brother's arm they're eyes are red from crying so much. I can't blame them they lost their brother once. I wouldn't want to loose Ruby. Blake was hoping Y/n will be okay. Her eyes are red and she looks like she barely got any sleep.

Suddenly we heard a low grunt and our eyes widen as we saw Y/n slowly moving. 

Whitley: "Big brother?!"

Y/n opens his eyes and looked around tired and he see us slowly smile to see him awake.

Y/n: "Hey guys...what happened." *He slowly sits up*

Weiss and Whitley: "BIG/ BROTHER!!" They hug their brother tightly tears running their face.

Whitley: "You're awake!!"

Y/n: "Heh I'm alright.."

Ruby: *smiles happily tears running down her face* "I will get the doctor." *runs out to grab the doctor.*

As Ruby went to grab the doctor we talk about everything that happen while he was unconscious. About the food fight, and all the lessons he missed. Soon the Ruby arrived with the doctor.

Doctor: "Ah Mr. Ignacio it's good to see you awake how you you feeling?"

Y/n: "A bit tired but I'm okay.."

Doctor: "I see you should have a quick recover but there are is something we need to talk about.."

Y/n: "...What's it about?"

Doctor: "Well...it's about you're condition..you see you're DNA...is much more different than your siblings."

Weiss: "Different How so?"

Doctor: *sighs* "Well Mrs. Schnee, I had looked about you two birth history. You may have notice you remember brother's hair was once White, but when he became orange and now it's red."

She nods me, Ruby and Blake looked at Y/n surprised. We never knew he had so many different colored hair.

Doctor: "Well we had a talk with General Ironwood and you three's mother, According to them the day you and your twin brother was born. Your were born alright but your brother was born with a birth defect."

Y/n: "Birth defect?"

Doctor: *nods* "Your brother was born trouble with breathing. It turns out his lung was too small for his body. In order to save your life Mr. Ignacio. Mr. Ignacio had given you an experimental serum which would have save give him a help his lung to grow to normal size. It was a chance your mother took and it worked as you can see. But they're was a unusual side effect. It had change his D.n.a Causing him to have his hair to change color and effected his own semblance."

Y/n: "My semblance?"

Doctor: "Yes it caused you r semblance to change from cryokinesis to Pyrokinesis." But it also cause to give your faunus form. But it would seem that your D.N.A has grown unstable. We are unsure why, but what we do know is that if it could prove harmful yourself if were to use your semblance or change to faunus form.

Flashback ends:

Ever since then Y/n has been having a rough. I mean sometime he occasionally forget but most of the time he remembers. But it doesn't help that his older sister Winter who somehow learned about Y/n's condition is here. She's way too overprotective to Y/n. Y/n hasn't been able to train a lot, enjoy the food he would normally eat, or even talk with getting chewed out by Winter. I know Y/n and I know full week, he has his own limit when it comes to people chewing it out.

Anyways I was in my dorm with my team discussing a plan to try and locate find out what's White Fang's next move. Blake had found out nearby hear a nearby White Fang base, she would go in there and try figure out what they are planning. Ruby and Weiss try to get as much info at nearby Atlas computer nearby here.  I would get information from the shadiest place I know Junior's.

But as we soon agreed to the plan. We get a loud knock on the door. Weiss walk to the doorway and opens it to see Whitley and Jaune with a panic look on their face.

Weiss: *worried* "Whitley what's wrong?"

Whitley: *panic tone* "I-Its Big brother he--"

Jaune: "He finally snapped and it's not pretty!"

All 4 of us look at each other worried and we all run to hopefully stop them from fighting. We find Y/n and Winter arguing loudly while Pyrrha, Ren and Nora are trying to calm them down but to no avail. 

Y/n: "FOR OUM SAKE CAN YOU JUST LEAVE ME FUCKING ALONE WINTER!!"

Winter: "All I'm doing is trying to help you!"

Y/n: "Help me?! HA! ALL YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING DOING HAS BEEN BOSSING AROUND ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO TRAIN, RELAX OR ANYTHING!!"

Winter: "What you need is to rest the doctor said that you have to rest!"

Y/n: "No he said that I can't use my Faunus form or semblance he didn't say I can't train!"

Winter: "Just Listen to what I have to say!"

Y/n: "Listen to what you say?! DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP!" *This silence Winter and Y/n continued* "YOU THINK FUCKING HELL I WANT TO LISTEN TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY! I JUST WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE! BUT NOW I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO DO IT BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN BITCHING ME ALL THE TIME!"

I notice Winter getting more and more angry the more Y/n spoke.

Y/n: "I swear your just LIKE that Bastard Jacques you only w-"

*SLAP*

Y/n back up a bit, his face has a bright red hand print as Winter slapped him straight in his face.

Winter: "AT LEAST I'M NOT A STUPID USELESS FREAK LIKE YOU!"

Our eyes widen in horror at what Winter just said. Winter covers her mouth realizing what she just said. Y/n's hair cover his eyes tears slowly run down his face. 

Winter: "Y/n I-I'm s-sorry I d-didn't m-"

Y/n: "I'm sorry that instead of getting brother you got a freak."

Y/n turned around and began to run past us tears running down his face.

Blake and Ruby: "Y/N WAIT!"

The Blake, Ruby and Whitley began to run after Y/n. I look at Winter insanely pissed off. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I wanted to punch her in Fucking Face for hurting Y/n. But that wouldn't really help right now.

Winter: *tears run down her face* "I-I didn't mean it..I-I.."

Weiss: "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WINTER JUST LEAVE Y/N ALONE!"

Me and the others ran try find the others leaving Winter to herself to go find Y/n. Tears run down my face, I have had a  crush on Y/n ever since I met him. I had always seen him as a very happy, outgoing brave guy. Someone who's smile can light up the world. Someone who I can fall in love with. I know he is technically dating Blake but I didn't care I loved him.. And too see him so hurt like that....It hurt my very soul We were able to catch up to the others but there was no Y/n.

"Where is Y/n?"

Ruby: "We couldn't find him..."

Weiss: "What we have to find him?!"

Suddenly a text message pops out on all our scroll. We check our scroll and see it's a text message from Y/n.

Text: "Hey guys I'm sorry I ran all you guys..But it's just what Winter got to me. I just need some distance from everyone. I just need time to think. Sorry everyone.