Chapter 41: The X side of a Brother

1 Week of Preparations has passed. Team RWBY, JNPR, WAR, Vulcan, Saffron, Cinder, Emerald, Mercury, Neo, Roman, and Qrow had split up into two teams. One heading to Mistral and the other to Menagerie. Menagerie's team consist of Whitley, Blake, Vulcan, Saffron, Cinder, Mercury, Neo, Roman and Amber. While everyone else was heading to Mistral.

Right now Whitley was looking out in sea from the side of the boat to Menagerie. 

Whitley: "Brother...where are you..."

Vulcan: *offscreen* "Yo, Draco..." (A/N: Name Whitley had to go with to keep low profile) *Whitley turns to see Vulcan walking over to him with Blake and Saffron* "You okay kiddo?"

Whitley: "Yeah...I'm just worried for Y/n...what if he's...really hurt and-"

Saffron: *runs  over and kisses Whitley's cheek causing him to blush* "Babe...we understand but Y/n is too tough to go down that easily."

Whitley: "Yeah but no one is invincible.."

Blake: "Whitley....you just got to pray to Oum..that your brother is okay.."

Whitley: "Yeah..."

(Timeskip)

It was sunset when the group rejoined the other. Whitley hadn't said much since they had spoken this morning. Blake and Cinder were heading back into when Blake caught sight of the hooded figure. She draws Gambol Shroud.

Blake: "Who's there?"

The figure turned away, but before Blake could react, something large appears from the water. 

Cinder: "I think we have trouble."

A giant sea serpent Grimm rose from the water. It wasn't as big as the dragon Grimm at Beacon, but it was still pretty big. 

The crew sounded the alarm as the others run out of their rooms and got ready to fight

The crew sounded the alarm as the others run out of their rooms and got ready to fight. Whitley and Blake launched at the Grimm and with their semblance catapulting at it. Meanwhile Whitley fires multiples shots from his Weapon Toile D' Argent at it's head before opening up his wing suit and glides off to activate his semblance to cause a massive streams of water to bind it and anchor it down. It roars in anger, and quickly dives back in the water. Blake lands back on the ship, but as Whitley as lands on the boat. The grimm comes out of the water biting Whitley into the water dragging him down with it.

The rest of the group: "WHITLEY!!!!"  

The Grimm  dives around the ship, rocking it and making it for the to stand. Whitley, who was foot was stuck on the Grimm's jaw quickly activates his semblance to max. 

Whitley: "LEVIATHAN'S WRATH!! *A giant Water serpent forms appears biting down on the massive grimm forcing it to let go of Whitley. He tries to swim back up as they fight but his bitten leg couldn't let him swim up. Causing him to loose Oxygen* 'i....can't breathe...Damn it....not yet...'