Chapter 42: Menagerie

The ship's horn blared loudly as it docked at the port. A bell rang in the distance as Y/n and the group disembarked. The group except for Vulcan, Blake and Y/n gazed in amazement at the village and all the people there. Faunus, her had seen so many Faunus in one place before.

Sun: "I've never seen many Faunus in one place."

Blake: "This is the one place everyone can feel safe. No matter who you or what they are."

Whitley: "It's beautiful."

Vulcan: "A bit crowded though." 

Y/n: "Yeah, but you get used to it." *They continued to walk*

Emerald: "Is it always so .....cramped?"

Blake: "Well, when you they and take an entire species an dput them on an island that's two-thirds desert, yeah, it tends to be cramped."

Sun: "What?! You guys have that much more space? Why waste it?"

Saffron: "Well it's not like the desert in Vacuo, Sun. The wildlife here is more dangerous than most other regions."

Y/n: *grits his teeth* "So Jacques's and the other racist pricks gave them a terrible island in the corner of Remnant to try and shut them up."

 Blake: "That's a pretty good summary, yeah."

Mercury: "Tch, dickheads."

Blake: "We've tried to make the best of things," *she stopped at the top of the hill and the group took in the sight of the lush green village and the mountains in the distance.* "This is Kou Kuana."

Roman: "Wow this is really beautiful, amazing! Why would anyone ever want to leave?"

Vulcan: "Roman that's not the point. We Faunuses asked for equality, to treated like everyone else. Instead, they were given an island and told to make do. So they did the best they could. They came together and they made a home where any faunus could feel welcome."

Neo: *scanning all the houses before holding up a sign* 'So which one is your house Blake?"

Sun: "Oh yeah! Which one's yours. Can you see it from here?"

Y/n: "Sun..." *Sun looks over to Y/n along with everyone as  he points to the largest house in the middle of the village* "That one is Blake's house."

Blake blushes embarrassingly as everyone else except for Y/n looks at Blake with a look of 'Okay hypocrite  complaining that Schnee's are rich kids hmmmmmmm'

Y/n: "Alright you guys lay off her and lets go...." *everyone notices Y/n's legs were trembling as they walk towards the Belladonna's house.*

When they reach to the front door, Blake reached for the knocker but hesitated.