17

"YOU kissed Junhui?" Soonyoung questions, Wonwoo listens in as Minghao mumbled a couple of words as his response, "I can't understand you if you're facing the floor

"YOU kissed Junhui?" Soonyoung questions, Wonwoo listens in as Minghao mumbled a couple of words as his response, "I can't understand you if you're facing the floor."

"He kissed me," Minghao answered shortly, returning back to his position to try and get some shut-eye. It was the next day, Jun and he had returned home around four a.m. as Minghao realized his mother went to work around five. They had to wake up for school three hours later so the duo was basically brain dead once again. "I..liked it."

"So you're certain that you have a crush on him?" Wonwoo then asked, wanting confirmation. Minghao puts a hand up, it shakes due to him being weak from the lack of sleep and gives the boy a thumbs up. "Finally, and I'm sure he feels the same way so you should just date."

"Yeah Hao, don't even try and deny it because your hang out seemed pretty romantic to me."

Wonwoo was right, it did feel like they were on a date and it ended only hours ago. Minghao was trying his best to talk to his friends, but he was about to pass out as he felt too drowsy to continue on. Jun hasn't entered the room, which was odd because he knew that this was the boy's spot when he needed to take a quick nap. Maybe he fell asleep on his way here? No, that seemed stupid. "I'm not gonna deny it..." Minghao shortly replies, getting himself comfortable before sleeping his lunch away, "cause I definitely agree.."

"Moon Junhwi, I'd appreciate if you didn't sleep during my lecture," Mrs. Seo taps the boy's desk with a ruler, the tapping noise irritated Jun as he was lacking sleep. Lunch had ended and he had English right after, it wasn't a good combination as he barely got any rest and was being bored to death with his teacher's words. "care to tell us why you're so tired Mr. Moon?

"I was out on a date Mrs. Seo." Jun mutters, forehead placed on the edge of the desk.

"Oh, a date?" She says with a wide smile, "well, I hope you two had lots of fun. I'll let you off the hook this time Jun, but please come to my class well-rested next time as it is a priority for my students."

"Yep..." He says, a sigh leaving his mouth and returning back to sleep.

Since his teacher didn't seem to care much about him sleeping through her class, he thought to himself if telling her and the whole class that he was on a date was a good idea? Knowing the kids in his grade, they'd spread around the new information that the captain of the volleyball team was out and about with someone last night - thus leading him to be sleep deprived on a school day. Even if the news did spread, it wasn't like he was gonna tell anyone outside of his friend group the truth. He didn't want to expose Minghao like that, especially since he was getting used to the concept of opening up to people.

As the forty-five minute class period went by, Jihoon taps on Jun's desk to wake him up. The sleepy boy rubs his eyes, realizing that the libero was trying to hand him a piece of paper, "These are the notes for today. I won't need them since I took a picture of them. I'll see you at practice captain." After Jun took the sheet of paper, the shorter boy headed off to his next class. Jun grabbed his backpack as he didn't unpack anything for the period, walking to the door to exit the classroom, Mrs. Seo stops him with a question,

"Who's the lucky girl?"

Jun contemplates to himself, wondering if he should answer. Shrugging his shoulders, he smiles with his lips, "Good question," Is all he replies with, implying that fact that it wasn't a girl but the one and only Xu Minghao. But, Mrs. Seo may not be able to understand the underlying meaning as she's unaware of what was going on in Jun's life. Shortly, Jun leaves and heads off to his last class which is calculus.

Calculus was a blur, the whole period they worked on independent work as their teacher was stressing over the number of assignments that needed to be graded. So, as he prioritized the task, he gave the class a free period - since it was the last class of the day as well, it didn't really matter. All the material that was being taught was online and in the textbooks anyway. Mingyu was in Jun's class, which was surprising to see as he was a year younger than him. Jun felt his pride being hurt after learning this, but as the year went by he came to the conclusion that he really didn't care. Besides, he had a friend who could help him with the material. "Practice starts at four-thirty right?" Mingyu questions, packing his grid notebook into his backpack while talking to Jun.

Jun forgot about practice, knowing that the season was about to start. Their coach wanted to warm the boys up and get them going. "Yeah...I might sleep in the club room until practice starts.."

"Well, you have a hour and a half so use it wisely," Mingyu tells after looking at his Apple Watch. Once the bell rings for dismissal, the taller boy sits up from his seat and gives the tired boy a wave, "bye, see you later Jun."

Jun waves back,  he stands from his seat and leaves his calculus class to head off to the club room. The team was lucky that they had their own changing room and storage space for their sport specifically, maybe it was because their team was treasured amongst Pledis Academy. It didn't take him too long to arrive to the room, there he saw a couple of other teammates, some from junior varsity and some from his varsity team. Throwing his backpack onto the floor, he drops himself as well and doesn't say a word. "Someone's tired," Seungcheol states the obvious and chuckles, "I heard that you were on a date last night, did you have fun?"

"A lot.." Jun answers, "please leave me alone. I'm really tired."

"Who's the lucky person?" Seungkwan, from junior varsity questions.

"Don't interrogate him, he wants to sleep." Jihoon steps in, literally. He came into the room to drop off his stuff before heading home real quick after he realized he forget his kneepads. "he can tell you all details if he's comfortable."

"I'm guessing that means you know?" Seungcheol raises a brow, backing away from the captain and returns to removing his clothes to change into his practice attire. "am I right?"

"Maybe, but let's respect his privacy. He's stressed and tired, those things don't collide well."

"Yeah, it's also not well that you regenerate your body with coke instead of water." Seungkwan nags, Jihoon drops his stuff and leaves the room. Not wanting to bicker with the younger member.

Jun told his brain to mentally remind himself to thank Jihoon for stepping in, he really had no clue what he'd say if Seungcheol kept asking him. He probably would have exploded on the spot if the older male kept going. But, with the events that happened only hours ago - if he and Minghao's relationship was going to expand to a greater label, he wouldn't be able to hide it forever knowing that Minghao was special to him, would they care? Did it even matter if they did?

If he could be happy with Minghao, he'd be content with life. If he couldn't be, then that's where the problem rises.