27

THE next morning, Jun had made his way to school in a hurry as he woke up thirty minutes late

THE next morning, Jun had made his way to school in a hurry as he woke up thirty minutes late. Fengjun had exited his room as well, scurrying to the bathroom as he multitasked to put on his school uniform. His mother, out for work unable to scold her sons for their tardiness was unaware of this hectic start. Jun felt his life flash before his eyes once his eyes caught a glimpse of the time, he knew that he was going to get a lecture from Mrs. Sien the moment he entered her class. The brunette had speed-walked through the halls as his feet were terribly loud, a piece of toast in his bread flopping around and hitting his chin as the portion that was in his mouth became soggy from the trip. He hoped Minghao made his way to school on time because boy it would not be a good time for both of them.

Jun entered his first-period class, thirteen minutes late with a piece of bread in his mouth. He quickly munches it down before he can state his apology. But, Mrs. Sien is quicker than he is, the next four words were expected but unwanted, "Jun, detention after school."

"Dammit.." He mutters in Mandarin, accepting his faith and taking his seat in the back.

As lunchtime came around, Jun walked with Joshua to the library as he needed a new book for his English class. He had his phone in his right hand, practically glued in his palm as he waited for Minghao to reply to his messages. Oddly, the boy hadn't been seen all day, no messages sent were read, and he began to worry. He wondered if it was because Minghao told him yesterday that he'd be hanging out with his friends on Tuesday since Wednesday was occupied for him - he hated overthinking since it hurt his head. Joshua caught on the weird aura that came from Jun, not necessarily weird, but it wasn't the typical Wen Junhui he'd see each day. "You okay?" He decides to question, Jun looks up from his empty screen and shrugs,

"Hao isn't answering my texts. Maybe he's busy with his friends but I'm just worried."

"Oh, I see." Joshua shortly replies, they enter the library and automatically lower their voices. "maybe you should call him? It won't hurt plus it is lunch. He should answer."

"Yeah, but maybe when we get out of the library. The librarian would definitely kick me out."

"Reasonable."

The two boys walk around the area to find the specific novel Joshua needed, as they were given directions from the librarian it wasn't long until they found it. Joshua headed to the counter to check himself out and Jun waited near the entrance still staring at the messages sent minutes ago. As Joshua was done with his task, he walks over to Jun quickly to keep the boy from waiting long. Due to them being near the entrance, it was inevitable that they'd either bump into incoming individuals or vice versa. Joshua, accidentally bumping into a ravenette with specs immediately apologizes but stops when he recognizes the face. "Oh, Wonwoo it's just you."

"Yeah," As he fixes his glasses, Jun darts his head to the two boys. His eyes widen as he doesn't catch the third figure in the group, his assumptions were wrong and suddenly there was a large churn in his stomach that made him sick. "Jun, you're not with Minghao?"

He shakes his head, lips parting slightly as he didn't understand what was going on. "No..."

"Maybe he stayed home for the day? He texted me saying that he and his parents have a lot to talk about." Soonyoung informs, Wonwoo raises a brow as he lightly hits the boy - scolding him to why he didn't say anything earlier. Jun lets out a huff, nervous smile displayed on his face as he questions,

"Oh, so that's why he's not at school?"

Soonyoung nods, "He texted me this morning, I think he's staying. Well, that's what I'm guessing from the messages I got from him."

"That's reassuring to hear, thanks Soonyoung." Jun immediately replies, maybe he was just worrying too much. He trusts Minghao and he needed to trust the process, he knew Minghao wouldn't back down without a fight.

The next day, Jun had completed the day and received a message from Minghao this morning that he'd be staying home in order to move all his stuff back inside. Jun, understanding his absence let him be for the whole day until he received an update on his progress. Jun walked to the club room, stretching his arms a bit as he knew he had a big day ahead of him. Drills were not his favorite thing, conditioning was another thing that wasn't the definition of fun but - he'd be over with this soon. Once he entered the room, his teammates were getting ready to change into their practice clothes.

But, on the other side of town Minghao had already got through security and was waiting for his flight that would be boarding in about an hour or so. He waited, leg shaking as he had nothing to keep himself occupied with. All he needed to do was get the time and confirm with himself that it was okay to commence the plan he had. "Mom, what time is it?" He quietly questions, the older woman slips her phone out and shows him the displayed time. 'three-ten p.m'

"I'm going to the bathroom..." Minghao states, shortly excusing himself to find a nearby restroom. His mother nods, returning back to whatever she was doing. As he removes himself from his seat, Minghao glanced back to see if his mother watched the direction he was going in. Luckily, she wasn't. When entering the boarding section of the airport, Minghao had spotted a row of phones - being quick on his feet he knew they'd be helpful once Jun got out of school for practice. Running over to one, he had some loose change in his pocket luckily and quickly inserted the coins into the slots. Removing the strip of paper he held onto, he dials in the number to call Jun. He crosses his fingers, hoping that the brunette would answer his call even though it was new to the eye.

In the practice room, Jun was opening his locker but was interrupted when he received a call. His phone creating the annoying buzzing sound to grab his attention, he unconsciously answers the call without checking as it was a bad habit of his. "Hello?" He shortly says, the other person on the line lets out a gasp,

"Junnie!"

"Minghao?"

a/n: bloop the story is
coming to an end soon