26 • thirdwheeling?

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

rosie's pov

today, i was going to hang out with, the one and only, tzuyu! i arrived early since i had a schedule earlier on so i just sat at the sm lobby, where we would be meeting and had a coffee.

12:23pm, looks like she's running late since she was supposed to meet me 13 minutes ago. while waiting, i decided to get out my special notebook and write some lyrics to a new song i was working on for fun. i was too immersed in my song writing that i didnt hear tzuyu coming.

tzuyu, waving her hand : rosie? saerin? hello?

rosie : huh? oh! tzuyu sorry i was-

just when i was about to explain why i was spacing out, i saw she had company with her.

tzuyu : oh, uhm sorry im late...i brought along jungkook, is that okay?

i bowed and smiled and he returned the actions.

rosie : oh no! i dont mind at all. sorry i spaced out, i was just thinking about my song.

tzuyu : its okay rosie, lets go!

rosie : have you guys ate yet?

jungkook : ah no we havent, we should probably eat first.

rosie : okay! let's eat, my treat!

tzuyu, throwing a thumbs up : as expected, my bestie is the best!

• time skip •

after we had our meal, we decided that we wanted to go to the amusement park. although i was awkward with jungkook at first, it seems we got along well but i was still quite shy since i have been a fan of him for a while now so it felt strange to me.

if youre wondering if i felt like the third wheel, of course i did! tzuyu is quite a clingy girl when it comes to jungkook, but who am i to judge? id probably be the same if i were her! i could tell she was trying not to let me feel left out but it clearly wasnt working rip.

other than me feeling a third wheel, i had a lot of fun, the rides were super exciting. it was also very amusing to see tzuyu scared to death and screaming her head off.

jungkook : do you guys want cotton candy? i'll pay.

tzuyu : yes please~, rosie go with jungkook since i need to go to the bathroom! i'll be back.

rosie : oh okay..

just me and jungkook. awkward.

jungkook : soooo...how did you become close friends with tzuyu?

rosie : actually, i was already close friends with her members, jihyo and nayeon unnie so i hung out with her through them. i heard about your accident, are you okay now?

jungkook : ah yes, im perfectly healthy now-

his words were cut off by a sudden shout of my name behind me.

??? : saerin-ah!

that definitely was not tzuyu's voice, but a guy's voice? before turning my head to the direction to the source of the shouting, me and jungkook give confused faces.

my eyes widening, i find myself looking at the person i thought i'd never see again.

my ex-boyfriend. we were best friends when i lived in london. i then moved to korea to fulfil my dream of being a singer. coincidently, we met again as he was a new student in our school and we became a thing. blah blah blah. we were together for roughly a year and a half, madly in love with each other until i became more and more busier since i had already debuted in red velvet. we could hardly see each other because i had to be extra careful not to be caught and he was always too 'busy' to be able to meet up.

eventually, i found out he was cheating on me with another idol, lisa from blackpink. dont get me wrong, i have nothing against her since i was told she didnt even know he was dating me so i dont blame her. after i found out, he changed his number and left the country, not contacting me once. and here he is, shouting my name as if he did nothing wrong.

rosie : d-dowon?

dowon, suddenly catching rosie off guard with a hug : i havent saw that pretty face of yours in ages, nice to see you!

rosie, internally rolling her eyes : yeah, nice to see you too..

after he broke the hug, his head darts to jungkook awkwardly standing there.

dowon : who is he? your boyfriend?

rosie : uh no, he's my best friend's boyfriend. dowon, meet jungkook. jungkook meet dowon...my childhood friend.

dowon looks at me with an unreadable expression and nods before shaking hands with jungkook.

i had too many emotions going through me right now, anger, sadness and disappointment. disappointed in myself for letting him off with something he did, that was disgusting and hurt me too much. of course i had to hide these emotions because i didnt want to explode in front of jungkook.

thankfully, tzuyu came back and with her presence, it calmed me down a bit and got rid of the tension in the air. i was pretty sure jungkook could sense it.

tzuyu : oh who's this?

dowon, wrapping his arm around rosie's shoulder : hello, i am rosie's best friend, dowon.

tzuyu : damn rosie, i thought i was your best friend but nice to meet you dowon, my name's tzuyu.

rosie, awkwardly smiling, lowkey uncomfortable : i dont know what he's talking about but you're definitely my best friend not him.

tzuyu : of course i am rosie, no one can replace me ahhaha! so, dowon, are you joining us?

dowon : unfortunately, i cant since i have something to do after this but rosie, here's my new number! contact me!

this man seriously has the nerves. i so want to punch him in the face right now.

rosie, forcefully smiling : yeah sure, bye dowon.

after that terrible encounter, i wasnt as energetic and mostly stayed behind at the back, too many things running through my mind.

no one's pov

tzuyu was too distracted by the big teddy bear prize jungkook won for her to notice her sudden change of mood. however jungkook, did notice and ever so often checked up on her, just looking back every now and then as she quietly tagged along.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆