Chapter 19

[Yaoyorozu's POV]
Shouto and I met every day for the past week and practiced dancing. In the beginning we both weren't very good, but after some time we got better and today on the day of the celebration I would say that we are pretty good.

I am currently waiting for Shouto. My parents have already gone to the party.  The celebration is about an hour away and we will be taken there by a chauffeur and limousine. I wonder what the celebration will be like this year... And especially with Shouto. It will be nice for sure!

"Momo?" I heard a voice behind me while I looked up at the sky. "Shouto! How long have you been there?"

"Ah... I've been calling your name for a minute, but we have to go now." He took my hand and we got into the limousine. "Shouto, are you excited? I'm really excited!" I asked him. He looked out of the black window panes and waited a moment before answering me. "You have to know... Whenever my father took me to parties, I always had to pretend like an other persin... but if I can go with you it will be fun." Momo smiled at him and the two continued their journey.

1 hour later...

We've now arrived. The celebration is really big and a lot of people came here. After a quick look around, I see my parents waving at us. "Shouto! Come, there are my parents!" I said, pulling his wrist.

"Mother! Father! We're finally here! What will we do now?" I asked my parents quickly. They looked at each other and giggled. "Momo, Shouto. We'll go eat something now. Come!" my mother told us and the four of us walked into the great hall. As my parents looked around for an empty seat, I saw Shouto excitedly scratching his left arm.

"Shouto... calm down..." I took his hand in mine and tried to calm him down.  He sighed once and then we found an empty seat.

The food was pretty tasty, and Shouto seemed to find it tasty too. After everyone finished eating, we were still sitting at the dining table and just talked a little bit.

10 minutes passed and slowly the space for the dance floor was cleared. My parents were already on the dance floor and started dancing. Shouto and I sat quietly at the table and said nothing until he got up, went over to me and offered me a hand.

"May I ask for this dance?" he asked me with a half smile. Momo smiled back and accepted his hand. The two made their way to the dance floor and then started dancing. It was a slow but nice dance. The song that played along the way was also slow and everyone adapted to the rhythm.

I noticed that Shouto had a smile on his mouth all the time. It was pretty unusual. He smiled more often than he did then, but he has never smiled that long. When I saw him in this condition I couldn't help smiling.

It was perfect.

[Todoroki's POV]
The festival went better than I thought.  I have never felt so good in my whole life.

After the whole party was over, my father-in-law wanted to speak to me again. I wonder what he wants from me... Shouto thought as he said goodbye to Momo and her mother. Now it was just him and Momo's father.

"So... what did you want to talk to me about, Mr. Yaoyorozu?" I asked him as we watched Momo and her mother get into a limousine. He looked at me briefly with his black eyes and then said "We'll go to a cozy place to talk first."

We walked into a small park next to a large lake. We sat on a bench and he took a deep breath. "Shouto. My daughter has been pretty happy lately and I want to thank you for that." I nodded. "And as you probably know, Momo wants to be an hero and I won't take that dream away from her, but..." he stopped and looked up in the air.  "Somebody has to take over our company at some point.. you probably already know what I want to point out..."

If Shouto was honest, he didn't know what the black-haired man was talking about, but he nodded anyway. Mr. Yaoyorozu looked at him for a few seconds and then laughed out loud.

"You really know what I'm talking about? Shouto, you're a funny guy!" he said to me and patted my shoulder.  "Thanks...?"

"I mean that your children will have to take over the company at some point. I will probably run the company for a few more years, but when your children grow old I want him or her to take over the company. Did you get that?"

I didn't really know what to answer.  "I'm sorry, but I have to ask Momo first, because it won't be my child, but our child, so she will also make a decision." I said with my usual expression. With a sigh he got up and scratched his neck.  "I expected an answer like this..." He looked at me again and smiled.

"I like you, Shouto."