Red Chapter🔞

Win P.O.V.

Bright and I finally finalized our wedding cards and went along with the one I drafted along with the finishing touches that Bright suggested. I was happy and excited for our wedding! I created a list and knew who I wanted to invite. I would invite my friends at the office, close friends, and my parents.

I know that my mom is really open but for my dad, I'm a little unsure. My sweaty hands gripped the phone as I dialed my parent's number. It didn't take long for them to pick up because after a moment my mom's cheery voice greeted me from the other line. "Metawin! I missed you! Why haven't you called us sooner? Oh no, are you alright? Please tell that you didn't-" I love my mom but sometimes she could be a bit too much, she always worries about me and I don't know if that's healthy… "Mom! Don't worry I didn't do anything bad. I just wanted to talk to you…" My voice slowly faded and I started to get even more nervous.

After a moment of pause she spoke. "What is it honey?" her voiced hinted that she was worried. "Is dad there?" I began to nibble on my thumb. "No." I let out a sigh of relief and began to tell her as slowly and smoothly as possible. "Mom what do you think about homosexuals?" she made a humming noise and answered cheerfully. "Not much, to me, they're just as human as anyone else, why?" I took a sharp intake of breath.

I silently chanted in my head please don't hate me. "Mom, I'm gay." The line went silent for a bit too long so I called into it. "Hello? Mom are y-" A burst of laughter filled my ears, my mom's laughter and … my dad's? "Oh munchkin your dad and I already knew! There was so much fuss and news about you! When that news came out about you and a man named… Vachirawit?" My face burned in embarrassment. "Yeah, so dad's actually there right? And I suppose I'm on speaker?" this time my dad answered. "Yes son. I knew you would be hesitant to say so if I was around so I asked your beautiful mother to keep it a secret."

My mother laughed and my dad cooed to her. "Either way you are still our son and we both love you very much. Who is this young man that we have yet to meet?" my dad asked and I felt relieved that both my parents were both accepting. "He's a director here in Thailand, he runs one of the world's largest hotels called Satine hotel." My mother squealed and quickly spoke. "That's amazing! You have to let us have a free night there! Right?!" she asked in delight and I chuckled. "Sure mom! Also one more thing, please don't faint." Dad picked up this time. "Don't worry I'm holding on to my beautiful wife, go on son."

I just love how my parents can be so lovey dovey with each other, even after so many years have gone by. "I'm getting married to him in a few month." Immediately I heard my mother squeal and imagined her hugging my dad with a huge smile on her face. "Son where is over invitations?" my dad scolded. "Don't worry I'll mail them to you! I just wanted to clear all this up before anything." My heart was jumping up and down from the joy I felt. I was so happy that my parents were so cool about it.

After talking for a bit more we ended the phone call and I made my way to Bright's workplace.

-At the hotel-

Immediately I went straight for his office. I couldn't wait to tell him the good news. I barged through his door and ran up to him. "Bright! They're coming!" I hugged him and smiled into the crook of his neck. He kissed my forehead and embraced me. "I'm so glad Win." He swept me off my feet and spins me around. We came to a stop after making a full circle and he attacked my lips. "I love you so much Win." He whispers into my ear and I feel the warmth spread through me. "I love you too."

-The next day-

Win came to work that day despite Bright insisting that he stays home and rest. He sat at the main lobby desk, drawing doodles on a random piece of paper while waiting for a customer to come. Another worker was beside him, scrolling through her phone. He sighed and took a deep breath, completely bored. No one was really around besides the worker next to him but she seemed concentrated with whatever she was doing. He looked over at the phone lazily when it rang, sparing a moment to look at the engagement ring on his finger. He smiled and picked it up and answered, he already knew who it was.