Mall Santa | Aaron Carpenter

Hey guys, here's the Aaron Holiday Imagine! I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow 😳 enjoyyyy
-------------------------
It was Christmas Eve and the mall, and every store in town was packed with last minute shoppers. I had already done all of my shopping, but my boyfriend Aaron and I were sick of staying inside of the house. We were at the mall and multiple groups of people were rushing from store to store. Parents were taking their children to see one of the many Santa's in town.

Aaron and I were walking through the mall, and letting out small snickers each time we saw someone running with multiple bags in their hands. We probably could have sat on one of the benches and watched the people all day if it hadn't been for him bringing up a good idea.

"I wonder how many Santa's there are in town," I wondered as I saw kid after kid be sat down on the man in the suit's lap. Some of them screamed and cried, others laughed and smiled and told him what they wanted for Christmas.

"Why don't we find out?" He suggested. I looked at him and he had a smile toying at his lips.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him confused and he shrugged.

"We can go to all of the different places in town--what else do we have to do? I considered it for a minute. "And to make it even more fun why don't we wait in line with the kids and take pictures? It could be fun, and plus I'm sure a lot of parents will think that we're weird. So why not?"

"I swear that you're just a big five year old," I giggled and he smiled. "We'll come on then!" I grabbed his hand and ran across the busy mall to the line where Santa was. It was only noon, and there was no doubt that we we're going to be gone all day. We waited in line and I could feel multiple pairs of eyes on us. He wrapped his arm around my waist and there were at least twenty kids in front of us.

"I'm sorry, are you guys in the line to see Santa?" A voice asked. I turned around to see a woman who appeared to be rather stressed out due to her slopped on makeup, messy hair and the vein sticking out of her head. On her side was a young girl who was all cozied up in winter wear. Aaron and I nodded and the woman shot a look filled with diggers at us. I heard her sigh and she got behind us. "Stupid teenagers these days." Aaron snorted and I elbowed him in the side.

We waited for what seemed like forever and a little less than half of the kids cried. Some of their screams were complete and utter wails, others were small sobs. "Here we can use your phone, mine is almost dead." He said and I pulled out my phone and handed it to him. I was going to be the first up. There was one more kid in front of me and he took a short time to tell Santa what he wanted. It was my turn and I saw Santa's helpers give us looks of confusion. Aaron readied the camera and I sat down on the mans lap.

"Hey Santa," I smiled trying not to laugh.

"What's your name?" He asked cheerfully. I told him my name and made up some random gift that I wanted for Christmas. Aaron snapped a picture and then he traded me places. I took a picture and we were off to the next place. We hopped in the car and drove a few miles down the street to a grocery store that had Santa inside. There were only a couple kids in line. After they were finished I let Aaron go first and we kept the cycle going.

With each store that we went to parents were growing more and more annoyed with us. They muttered in low voices to each other about how childish we seemed. The truth was that we weren't childish, and who said Santa was only for children? We had been to a total of four store and there was left on the other side of town. How many Santa's did the town need?

As Aaron and I ran to the door of the last store I felt myself slip and soon my feet were out in front of me. I landed with a thud on my side and I let out a groan. I heard laughter and I looked up to see Aaron hunched over laughing like maniac. "What's so funny?" I asked glaring.

"You should have seen your face on the way down," he chuckled.

"Shut up," I groaned. I stood up and we walked into the store. There was no one in the line so I ran right up and hopped on the last Santa's lap. Aaron snapped the last picture and I took his. "Merry Christmas!" I shouted at Santa.

"Ho ho ho, merry Christmas," he attempted. Aaron and I both snorted and walked out of the door. Aaron nearly slipped on the ice patch giving me something else to chuckle at.

"That was the worst Santa yet," I said shaking my hand.

"Agreed," he nodded. He drove back home and we hurried inside because the temperature was dropping outside. Nightfall was slowly taking over and all I wanted to do was watch one last Christmas special and get hot chocolate flowing throughout my body. I made up the hot chocolate, topped it off with marshmallows and Aaron and I sat down on the couch to enjoy a classic movie. "So what'd you ask the Santa's for?" He looked at me.

"I really didn't ask for much, I have everything I could ever need," I kissed his nose.