Part 1 - The Scarf

It's been almost three and a half years since Adrien had joined high school. He made new friends, kept old ones, met and worked with new comrades to keep Paris safe from Hawk-Moth, and still continued to have feelings for His Lady.

One afternoon, he wore the blue scarf which he had got for his birthday, to a photoshoot since it was a bit chilly. To his surprise, he found a little something that he had never noticed before. Inside the scarf, there was a signature. He held it over his head, hoping the sun may make it clearer. He slowly began to see it clearer. It was Marinette's signature. He remembered that every time Marinette, stitches something, she'd always sign it.

'But, father got me this scarf. right?'

'Natalie said he had bought me this scarf as a change of things. He used to give me a pen every year...' He paused in his thoughts. He suddenly remembered that day where Marinette had got him a gift. She almost fell on her face trying to give it to him, until he was interrupted by Cloe and his Bodyguard. She had not tried to give it to him since then. He remembered that the rapping that was used was very much similar to that of what Marinette almost gave him. A sudden realization came to him.

'Father lied to me?' Adrien shattered. The happiness he felt when he thought his dad had given him something thoughtful that time, collapsed.

'But why didn't Marinette say anything?', 'did she know?', 'was she disappointed?' thoughts rushed through his mind. 'I didn't even thank her for giving me the scarf.' 'Is that why she doesn't talk freely with me? because she is disappointed in me?' Adrien felt his chest tighten. He felt uneasy. He needed to know why his father did this...why Marinette never said anything. He rushed home after the photoshoot hoping to get some answers.

"Welcome Adrien." Natalie greeted Adrien when he entered the mansion. "How was the photoshoot-"

"Is Father here? I want to talk to him." Adrien asked.

"Yes, he is. But why the sudden want Adrien? Did it not go well?"

"Nothing as such Natalie."

"Then why?"

"I want to ask him about this scarf."

Natalie paused. "What about the scarf Adrien? Is it damaged? If so, I'll make sure to get it mended."

"Nothings wrong with the scarf, Natalie."

"Then what is the matter?"

"Did Father really give me the scarf?" Adrien finally asked. "Or did he take a gift that was given to me by someone else?"

Natalie startled. "Of course your Father gave it to you."

"Natalie stop lying to me. Why are you lying to me?" Adrien's voice began to sound disappointed, heart-broken. "This scarf was given by Marinette right?"

"Adrien, let me explain."

"So then its true. Marinette was the one who gave this right?" He stared at Natalie.

"Why would you do that? Marinette made me this....and I couldn't even thank her for it."

Natalie frowned. "I had to do something Adrien! Or you would have gotten the same old pen again from your Father!" Natalie shouted. Adrien froze. His eyes were filled with despair and sadness. he lowered his head.

Pardon my actions Adrien-

"But you shouldn't have made a gift given by someone else yours. Specially if it was Marinette's." There was a long pause. Adrien finally spoke. "I wont be eating with Father today."

"But Adrien-"

"I'm not hungry. I'll be in my room. Itd be better if Im not disturbed." Adrien walked passed Natalie and went to his room.