Part 5- Easy To Talk To

'She sketched me.'

"I got your croissants Chat!" Marinette cried out as she entered her room. Cat Noir startled and turned to her, holding the sketchbook in hand. Marinette looked shocked when she saw him hold it. Cat Noir seeing her expression, "Oh! S-sorry Princess, I was just..." he kept the book back on the table. "I'm sorry Marinette."

"Nah its fine." she said. "Are they good?"

"You're not mad?"

"Of course not. Why would I be mad? I did leave you alone for a while, what else could you do anyway." she sat down on the bed and patted the side of the bed as to call him to sit beside her. "Bring the sketchbook and come sit... I wanna talk about it...get comments about it. you can eat something while we talk." A smile appeared on Adrien's face. He walked towards her and sat beside her on the bed.

"They look really great Mari. I just can't believe you would sketch me like this."

"Yeah...I've been thinking of some costumes, and well, I found you as a good host, so, I just thought of doing it. Its not much, but I really like them..."

"But why me? I mean there are many others for inspiration, why would you chose me as your host?"

"Because you're my favorite person out of the rest of the miraculous holders." Adrien shocked. He felt his heart race. He opened his mouth to speak- "Well, I like Viperion too." she said out of the blue. Adrien felt like he was sheet of glass being shattered when dropped. He sulked pouting his cheeks. "but, then, I guess...I wanted to make you my host." he revived back to himself after hearing that. He turned to her with happy puppy dog eyes. Marinette startled. 'How can he even make puppy dog eyes?!' Marinette sighed. After calming herself down from the excitement she took the sketchbook from his hand. "I'm glad you like the sketches."

"Of course I would Princess. You're so talented."

"Thank you, Chat."

"Speaking about your designs, the scarf Adrien wears..." Cat Noir began. He found a chance to ask her. A chance to ask her why she didn't say she was the one who gave the scarf. Marinette's face fell blank as she stared at the boy. Realizing that she shouldn't show her expression, she quickly turned away. "What about it?" she asked trying her best not to show any type of distraction.

"You were the one who gave it to him right?" Cat Noir asked. Marinette turned to him.

"N-no." her voice broke. 'How did he find out? him out of everyone.' "Adrien said his dad gave it to him." she said sounding more confident than she was. Cat Noir let out a light smile. "You don't have to lie Princess. I already know about it."

"W-well, do you have any proof that it was me?" She turned to him. He smiled, slowly took the sketchbook from Marinette's hand and turned the pages. He turned to the page she had drawn a sketch of a hat that goes perfectly with the scarf.

"Is this enough proof?" He asked showing the book to her. "And, I happened to get a hold of the scarf and saw your signature inside. I wanted to return it to you when I found it, but then Adrien came and took it back from me, saying he had accidentally misplaced it and came looking for it."

"Did you tell him?" Marinette asked. Her eyes were filled with fright. Cat Noir turned away.

"N-no. I couldn't. The people gathered around me and Adrien, and I had to leave."

"Thank goodness." Marinette let out a sigh. Cat Noir turned to her in surprise.

"Why do you say that? You said that Adrien said that his father gave him the scarf. But it was you who gave it to him. So why wouldn't you tell him? hasn't it been almost three years since you gave it to him?" Questions flooded in him. Marinette didn't say a word. "Why aren't you saying anything-"

"Because he looked so happy thinking it was from his dad!" Marinette shouted. Cat Noir looked at her surprised. Marinette's eyes began to fill with tears. she turned to him. Her brow wrinkled. Her lips quivering. He just looked at her. "Because he looked so happy thinking it was his dad who gave it to him. And why are you bothered about it? it was my decision not to say anything."

"But...why?"

"Because I liked him okay!" Marinette cried.

"Y-you like him?"

"You wouldn't know how he looked when he wore the scarf to school that day. He looked so happy. I was happy too when I saw him wearing it. But then he said his dad gave it to him and he looked even happier. He showed a sincere smile for the first time that day. Like he came after winning a prize he always wanted to win." she kept going on, while Cat Noir listened to every single word and felt every inch of his chest aching. "How could I just go and tell him, 'Oh Adrien! you're wearing the scarf I gave you! I'm so happy!' and ruin his smile? I was just happy seeing that he was happy. As long as he wears that scarf everywhere he goes and feels the warmth and happiness, I don't mind if he even thinks that somebody else gave him the scarf. So...so...Don't ever tell him anything about it okay!" she cried turning to Cat Noir only to be in shock by seeing him flooding with tears.

Tears rolled down his cheeks. He cried as if he had been holding everything he felt inside for a long time and let everything out. Marinette couldn't believe nor understand what was happening and what she was seeing. She felt guilty. She pulled him closer towards her and hugged him hoping it may make him feel better. "I'm sorry Chatton...I-I didn't mean to say anything that hurt you." She hugged him till he calmed down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry Chat...I shouldn't have said things like that."

"No Princess, I'm sorry for showing this side of me. You're the last person I'd ever want to have seen this..."

"You looked like you were holding all that for a long time."

"I...guess so. Life's been a bit harsh since my mum..."

"oh...I'm so sorry."

"Nah its fine...you were just saying what you felt...its just that, no one would ever do what you did to that boy. Did you like him that much?" he asked, looking at her from the corner of his eye and slightly blushing.

Marinette looked at him surprised. "Y-yeah...I do..." she blushed.

"Well, do you still like him?" Cat Noir asked, rubbing the back of his head shyly. "It was a rather big surprise even for me to hear that you like him."

"I couldn't believe myself that I would to tell you something like that. I guess...it surprised me too."

"it did?"

"yeah..." she said fiddling with her fingers. "but, to be honest Chat, you're really easy to talk to."

Adrien looked at her. he turned away. reached out his hand and entangled it with hers. "And so are you. Princess."