Part 13- Miss her

Adrien sat in the car on his way home. He held the box of croissants in his hand. He had a flashback to how Mr. Dupain Cheng hugged him. How warm he felt. A warmth he hadn't got from his own father since his mother disappeared. Tears came to his eyes. He wiped the tears with the back of his hand when they began to roll down his cheeks. He settled himself and looked out the window, giving out a sigh.

'I wonder if father will eat this with me.' He thought.

When they finally arrived back, Adrien rushed to his father's office. "Father? Are you in?" He called out knocking at the door.

"Yes, come in." Mr. Agreste called out with a cold voice. Adrien had been used to it by now. He had kept on getting the cold shoulder from his father since the beginning, so it wasn't anything new. He walked into the room holding the box of croissants in hand.

"Father, I went to the Dupain Cheng's bakery, and got some croissants. Would you like to-"

"Why were you late?"

"Well, actually, the croissants had run out so they asked me if I can stay for a while..."

"Then next time don't bother. Now, if you don't have anything else, leave. I'm busy." Mr. Agreste said as he thoroughly ran through some papers that were on his desk. Adrien felt a stab on his chest. He gritted his teeth. He turned to leave.

"You're right father. I shouldn't have bothered to bring you anything in the first place." Adrien said turning to is father as he paused his steps. He wanted to finally say what he wanted. He was fed up of the way he was treated. "I thought of you and brought some croissants hoping to share it with you and spend some time with you. But if this is how I'm going to be treated, I'd rather not ever think of things like these and bother about it." Adrien lashed out. Gabriel's face showed surprise, and shock.

"Adrien! what is this tone of yours?" Gabriel stood up from his seat.

"It's what I'm feeling right now. If I wont be able to say any of this again if I don't now. If I'm such a burden to you, I'll leave. Then you wouldn't have to bother about me anymore."

"Adrien!"

Adrien was so angry he dashed the box of croissants on his father's desk completely forgetting the love the Dupain Cheng's put into it. "Mother would never treat me like this if she were here!" Adrien shouted and stormed out the room, slamming the door behind him. Gabriel stood shocked. He held his hand over his forehead. He turned to the smashed the box of croissants that lay on his desk. He reached to it and picked it up. He sighed.

"What have I done?"

"Mr. Agreste?" Natalie walked into the room with a worried look. "Are you okay? What happened with Adrien?"

"Nothing." Gabriel said shaking his head. "Let the boy be." He lay the box back on his desk.

Natalie nodded her head and dared not ask anything more. "Very well, sir." She sees the box of croissants on the desk. "Should I take this with me and dispose of it?"

"No. Let it be. Just...leave." Gabriel said waving his hand in gesture to leave.

"Yes, sir." Natalie bows and leaves. Gabriel turns to the portrait of his wife and Adrien's mother. He gently places a hand on it. "Just a bit more time my Darling. I will get the Lady bug and Cat Noir miraculous' and we will go back to being the perfect family again. And Adrien will be happy again."

------------

Adrien sat as his desk with his head buried on his arms. Plagg watching Adrien flew towards him. "Hey Adrien...Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay Plagg?" Adrien raised his head.

"Hey...I'm sure your father didn't mean any of this."

"I can't do this anymore plagg. It hurts."

Plagg patted the boy's head. "Hey...it's okay."

"I miss her Plagg." Adrien picked up his mother's picture. "I wish she never left." Plagg knew what Adrien felt. But he couldn't say anything. He didn't know what to tell. Although he was there for Adrien, he couldn't give him the comfort he needed.

"It's going to be okay Adrien. I'm sure things will work out. Besides, you still have your Lady and your Princess."

"Marinette..." Adrien's eyes widened. "Plagg Claws Out!" Adrien turned into Cat Noir and left to go to His Princess's place. He flew through the city of Paris, until he finally arrived at the bakery. The moment he landed on Marinette's room balcony, he paused in his steps. "Wait...what am I doing? If I tell her, it would just be burdening her. I better just go home-"

"Chat?" A familiar voice spoke. Cat Noir turned around and found Marinette opening the sky window to the balcony.

"P-princess..."

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yes Princess. I was just passing by and-"

"Do you want to talk about something? Is something bothering you?"

"N-no Princess. I'm fine. I was just leaving." He turns to leave, but is stopped by Marinette, as she grabs him by the wrist. "You're not okay, Chaton. What's wrong?"

"It's nothing Princess."

"No." Marinette tightened her grip. "I said I'd listen if you had anything troubling you. Don't you trust me?"

"What? No! I trust you more than anything Princess...It's just that I...I don't want to burden you with this problem."

Marinette pouted. "Enough. You're coming in, an telling me what's bothering you. It wont be a burden. So trust me, and tell me everything." Cat Noir couldn't hold it anymore. Tears began rolling down his cheeks. He pulled her close and embraced her tightly. Marinette stood surprised. "Chat?"

"I miss her Marinette. I miss her so much." Adrien's voice was breaking. He cried in her arms. He showed his weakness to the one person he trusted and cared about other than Lady Bug. He felt comfortable showing this side of his, because he knew if anyone would understand what he felt, it would be Marinette. Marinette patted the boy. She let him put everything out. "It's okay Chat, Just let it all out. I'll listen to anything you have to say." Cat Noir continued to cry in her arms.

Hi guys, Hope you liked the chapter.
Please do vote and comment. It really means a lot.
See you next week.
Take care. Stay safe.