Part 16 - Rival

The next day, Marinette walked to school still thinking of the night before, the kiss she had with Cat Noir. She touched her lips. A smile appeared and she blushed.

"What are you thinking Marinette?" A familiar voice spoke making Marinette jump. She turned and sees Luka looking at her giving a warm smile and he seemed to have something behind him.

"Luka? what a surprise!" Marinette smiled as she greeted him with a hug. She looked up at him. "Good Morning!"

"Good morning Marinette. So how was you night? Did you sleep well?"

"Huh?" Marinette startled. She blushed. "Oh! y-yeah it was a pleasant night and yes...I...I slept well. I guess..."

"What's wrong Marinette? Did something happen?"

"Wh-what?! No! of course not! N-nothing happened." Marinette laughed sarcastically.

"You do know that its obvious that you are lying, right Marinette? I mean...I know when you're lying."

"Im not! hahaha..." Marinette smiled as she patted him on the shoulder. "Umm...I...gotta go...or I'll get late for school...and...graduations just around the corner and well...I don't really want to well get into trouble."

"Oh yeah...sorry to keep you Marinette. You should head to school."

"Yeah...okay..."

"Are you free today? I thought maybe we could go get ice cream..." Luka said scratching the back of his head.

"Umm...yeah...but I have some work to do Luka...I don't think I can."

"Oh! its okay Marinette. But do I have the honor of walking you home today?"

"Yeah...sure..." Marinette smiled. "I'll see you later Luka." Marinette turned and ran waving at him, "Bye!"

"Bye Marinette." Luka waved back. He let out a sigh and took his hand in front revealing a little bag. "I'll give it to her in the evening then. Hope she likes it." He said as he smiled holding the bag in hand.

Marinette rushed to school. "Oh gosh I'm going to be late!" She ran like she was in a race trying to win against a champion, where she didn't even realize that she was going to run into Adrien who was also rushing to get to school. BANG! They both bump into each other where Marinette and Adrien fall on to the ground with a hard THUD!

"Ouch!" Marinette cried as she rubbed her forehead. "I'm sorry I didn't see-" She looked up at the person only to find Adrien Holding his face. "Urrgghh"

"Oh My gosh Adrien!" Marinette panicked as she quickly got to her feet and rushed to Adrien. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry I didn't see you." Adrien removed his hand from his face, revealing that his nose to have a slight bleed. Marinette's face was so close to his leading him to blush. He quickly turned away.

"I...I'm fine M-Marinette."

Marinette grabbed his face and made it to face hers. "Adrien You're bleeding!" Her face was full of worry. "We have to get you to the infirmary! You need to treat this!" She rummaged her bag to find a tissue to make the bleeding stop. "Was my head so hard that it made you get a nose bleed? What if your nose is broken?"

"Marinette..." Adrien tried to talk holding his hand over his nose.

"Oh what the heck did I do? I couldn't be careful. I hurt you. I'm so sorry."

"Marinette!" Adrien yelled as he took her by the hand. Marinette startled. They looked at each other in the eyes. "I'm fine." He said giving her a faint but sweet smile. He seemed to not have had a good sleep. He had dark circles around his eyes. He looked pale.