Part 3-Best Princess

The Dupain Chen Bakery had the most fresh, delicate, tastiest, bread and short-eats in Paris. Marinette sat on the roof and hummed a song while she sketched. She loved to draw. She was designing some costumes for a workshop. She was so embossed in what she was doing she didn't notice Cat Noir sneak up behind her.

"What are you drawing Marinette?"

"Ah! Oh My Gosh!" she startled and her leg slipped the grip she had as she sat on the roof and almost fell over. Cat Noir quickly grabbed her hand. "Marinette hold on!" He pulled her to safety and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to scare you. I-I..." His grip became tighter. He started trembling. Marinette startled by his action just staying in his arms.

"Hey...its okay. I'm fine." she reached out her hand and patted the trembling boy on the back. "You caught me just in time. I'm thankful for that. So dont worry, okay?"

"If I hadn't come here in the first place, this wouldn't have happened."

"Hey...don't say it like that!" She pushed him away grabbed his face in her hands, and stared into his eyes. Her cheeks pouted. She looked like an angry chipmunk.

I would have slipped and fallen and died if you hadnt showed up! She shouted. So, dont say such dumb things you silly Cat!

Cat Noir wore a surprised face. Marinette just stood in the same position. She then suddenly came to a realization and let go of his face, and pushed him back. Her cheeks flushed. Cat Noir stared at her in confusion. They both stared at each other until Cat Noir finally realized his actions. He flustered.

"Ahh! Im so sorry Marinette! "

Marinette, seeing his reaction couldnt help but laugh, making Cat Noir more confused than ever. "Huh?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Its just you looked so adorable when you acted that way."

His heart warmed up. 'What is this feeling? she has never shown this expression before.' His face flushed. He quickly turned away.

"Hey?" Marinette called out to him. "Did you want to talk about something?"

"Huh?"

"Well you came here because you wanted to talk right? Did something happen? that's...well, troubling you?"

"H-how did y-you?"

"I have my ways." Marinette smiled. "Well?"

"N-no it's nothing Princess." Cat Nir said turning away from Marinettes gaze lowering his head.

"You can come here anytime you know...If you have anything that you want to talk about."

Cat Noir turned to Marinette in surprise. "Thank you, Princess. But I don't think I would come again like this..." He lowered his head again. "Because, I don't want to repeat this same mistake again. I don't want to scare you and almost make you fall-" he was cut short by Marinette, as she quickly raised her hand, covering his mouth before he could say anything more.

"That's fine. You can come whenever you want. And even if you sneak up on me, I wouldn't mind, as long as you'd catch me every time." Cat Noir's eyes widened. Marinette smiled.

"I trust you Chaton." she slowly took her hand of his mouth. "Besides, you look like you need someone to talk to. I'm all ears. You can tell me anything. Okay?"

Marinettes words felt so warm. Felt so assuring. He hadnt felt that way in a long time. "Thank you, Princess." He smiled.

"You're the best Princess any Cat would ever want."

He liked the warmth she gave out. He wanted to keep it close to him.